• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Freezing Ferocious February

WELL WHAT ARE YALL'S THOUGHTS ON THE TORNADO SEASON AS IT APPROACHES????
I look at it like winter outlooks. Winter weenies have hopes and dreams of great winter storms, same every year.
Severe weenies will find 10 different ways to say why or how this will be the busiest, most active severe season in decades. 4-2011 , will inevitably be brought up once or twice as an analog, like 1-1988, 3-1993 for winter weenies. And it will not be nearly as active as most were hoping/ wanting, which is what I like! Severe weather is sooooo boring, and dangerous

YOU CAN HAVE IT ... if you catch the spin ...

default_tornado1.gif
Yeah, I'd rather not see a bad season. Only time it's any bit exciting is when nobody gets hurt or property doesn't get damaged. I also prefer to not have to clean up tree branches coming down from storms. At least all but a few of the Bradford pears have fallen from past storms, and Irma did a toll on the weaker tree branches last year. So far, it's been a slow year for tornadoes and I want it to stay that way.

I look at it like winter outlooks. Winter weenies have hopes and dreams of great winter storms, same every year.
Severe weenies will find 10 different ways to say why or how this will be the busiest, most active severe season in decades. 4-2011 , will inevitably be brought up once or twice as an analog, like 1-1988, 3-1993 for winter weenies. And it will not be nearly as active as most were hoping/ wanting, which is what I like! Severe weather is sooooo boring, and dangerous
And what makes you think it won’t be active this spring severe wise... and severe weather anything but boring. Lmao

With what appears to be a conveyor belt of rain systems for at least the next two weeks (probably much longer), I suspect this could be setting up for an extremely wet spring season for some locations.

Some serious cold in Canada, but appears to stay locked in up there on this run.. who knows:
gfs_T2m_us_46.png

3k NAM suggests some serious training is about to take place over WNC. Rainfall amounts may approach 10 inches in some spots over the next 60 hours. Northern burbs of Atlanta into Oconee SC also looking at some big time rainfall amounts. La Niña my ass. Talk about a drought buster

3k NAM suggests some serious training is about to take place over WNC. Rainfall amounts may approach 10 inches in some spots over the next 60 hours. Northern burbs of Atlanta into Oconee SC also looking at some big time rainfall amounts. La Niña my ass. Talk about a drought buster
Have no problem getting bullseyed when its flooding rains...smdh
Good thing i live in the hills of Oconee i guess.

Starting to wonder if this February and March will be like 1990. Both of those months were warm and wet. WAY too much rain fell in parts of AL, and GA during those 2 months.

Starting to wonder if this February and March will be like 1990. Both of those months were warm and wet. WAY too much rain fell in parts of AL, and GA during those 2 months.
And that was followed by a very hot summer that lasted well into September, and a very mild winter. :(

Back