• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Freezing Ferocious February

Yeah, we aren't done hearing about winter until that happens, and everyone chases the rare April snows as well. Statistically, I have to wonder how many last freezes produced snow before. Probably like 1 or 2 at most.
Wasn't even hinting at snow down here, just that cold is not off the table ... yet ... ;)

0B5CC196-56B1-4B3B-8C27-41500882E20E.png Hold up, wait a minute,
Let us put some ice in it!

And the goal posts go further up as we go too. Pretty soon we'll never be able to make it up to the posts. 1 more mush back and it's game over.

At this point I'm just ready for severe weather and tornado season, can't wait for my first legitimate storm chase of the year.

7D399C48-A2C7-4EE6-8719-BF8A131F3846.png DT, love em , hate em, keeping it real! Mad respect!

This winter is not over. Again, winter is NOT over. In fact, it's UNDER, as in our Ferocious Freezing February has gone under. get it? Over, Under? I wonder what the over/under is for busted winter forecasts for JB?

It's going off topic, but the funny thing with the 1973 storm in what I've investigated before is that it was raining and in the 60s the day before the storm got under way. Suppose if we're going by what SERidge loves to push, that those accumulations could have been even higher than they were loool.

Another comment that I've found by the people in which this was in their time is that this was supposed to be a storm for North AL/GA and Upstate SC but it went further south and disappointed people that were in Atlanta and Birmingham.

Can you imagine if this situation happened again with the weather communities today online? Computers are better today with the models but imagine a major snowstorm being predicted for those areas and it goes further south. We'd be seeing a lot of ranting over this and maybe a few real cliff jumpers.

I'm not sure the situation that caused this though. I've studied it some but even in what I've seen, it feels like to me a central FL gulf low track means BOTH Atlanta and the major central Georgia cities and not excluding Atlanta completely.

already over an inch of rain this morning and its going to rain literally all day today. ive had about as much rain as i can stand. It needs to dry out
We were predicted to have heavy rain in Chattanooga today starting last night. We have had roughly under 1/4" of rain and mainly it's been either cloudy or a light mist. I'm really hoping we get somewhat close to the 2-4" forecasted. Looks like the band of rain has stayed on a steady line from the SW to NE just missing Chattanooga to the west. Hope we get it soon.

It's going off topic, but the funny thing with the 1973 storm in what I've investigated before is that it was raining and in the 60s the day before the storm got under way. Suppose if we're going by what SERidge loves to push, that those accumulations could have been even higher than they were loool.

Another comment that I've found by the people in which this was in their time is that this was supposed to be a storm for North AL/GA and Upstate SC but it went further south and disappointed people that were in Atlanta and Birmingham.

Can you imagine if this situation happened again with the weather communities today online? Computers are better today with the models but imagine a major snowstorm being predicted for those areas and it goes further south. We'd be seeing a lot of ranting over this and maybe a few real cliff jumpers.

I'm not sure the situation that caused this though. I've studied it some but even in what I've seen, it feels like to me a central FL gulf low track means BOTH Atlanta and the major central Georgia cities and not excluding Atlanta completely.

But Atlanta Metro was still REELING form a devastating ice storm a month earlier, some people did not have power for a month...

Gonna man up here and say surely looks like I'm going to be wrong about the mid Feb page change to colder weather. Many are grasping trying to keep hope alive but I'm just not seeing anything in regards to teleconnections that can right this sinking ship until March. Want to say the last time the SSW event happened (or was hyped) it did nothing for the Deep South if I recall correctly. Old SER has been coming in stronger with LR model forecast for a week or so now... but I think the EPO is trying to take the lead as well... Good luck for those to our North and East they have storm track train running nicely

So I'm punting and will look to see if we can get the colder look in early to mid March and get a "Magic March Snowstorm"

... Carry on

Models still biased with -AO and -NAO. And with wanting to take PNA positive. Oh well. Sadly I am still hoping to see some snow.

ecmwf_ao_forecast.png

ecmwf_nao_forecast.png

ecmwf_pna_forecast.png

I never give up until the 10 day in mid March says 80s... and even then, there's always April '87. haha

Back