• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Flaming Feb 2021

The precip map is hinting at Gulf activity, which is good. Need the cold core more east up top. As I said yesterday, I think the odds for a cold and dry pattern are fairly low. We know that when it comes to it, the arctic press will not be as robust as the models have been showing. I highly doubt that a 1055+ HP will drop into the US. But we don't want the core to drop into the western US and then slowly bleed east, while moderating, either.

The pattern will remain active, most likely. My guess is that unless the models completely back away from the cold solutions, then we will see an active pattern meet up with a cold air mass, moving over a nice snow pack to the north, setting the stage for a winter storm for many in the SE. Timing would seem to be after next weekend.

I hope that much of it can be snow, but that's impossible to know right now.

The precip map is hinting at Gulf activity, which is good. Need the cold core more east up top. As I said yesterday, I think the odds for a cold and dry pattern are fairly low. We know that when it comes to it, the arctic press will not be as robust as the models have been showing. I highly doubt that a 1055+ HP will drop into the US. But we don't want the core to drop into the western US and then slowly bleed east, while moderating, either.

The pattern will remain active, most likely. My guess is that unless the models completely back away from the cold solutions, then we will see an active pattern meet up with a cold air mass, moving over a nice snow pack to the north, setting the stage for a winter storm for many in the SE.

I hope that much of it can be snow, but that's impossible to know right now.
Yeah my worries with this sort of pattern is having cold air at the surface but not enough aloft resulting in ice (tons of GEFS members show that) but yeah like you said it’s wayyy to early to sort out that that type of stuff

Back