• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Flaming Feb 2021

Well, at least there is something to still watch for on the 11th and 12th. Wonder if the Euro ensembles will be as good as the last run.

Lol 1055? That’s something you normally see in Eurasia not N America
Even though this run was warmer overall, the same pattern is still present, it just takes a little longer for the TPV to move under that block ( which I think is partly just the Euro showing it’s SW bias). With a 1055 high there is not much doubt the cold is coming.

Even though this run was warmer overall, the same pattern is still present, it just takes a little longer for the TPV to move under that block ( which I think is partly just the Euro showing it’s SW bias). With a 1055 high there is not much doubt the cold is coming.
It’s actually a 1060-1061 on the Euro. That would be a record breaker for February in SW Canada and the N Rockies

67E84F2F-5D8D-474E-8EB5-DC43C388079E.png

95572DD9-78AB-4D60-9A65-2776D8B932EC.gif

I am not always a proponent of Bastardis bathtub slosh theory, but in this case you have to think that heavy cold air mass has to move a little west to east. With its bias, I sometimes think the Euro forgets that in the temperate zones weather patterns move west to east Lol.

I can't count how many times we have seen big changes (good and bad...mostly bad) in the 2-4 day range as the players are better sampled.....the key is after Sunday/Monday we should be primed for a decent chance to get a large over running widespread event in the SE.....basically buckle up gonna be a long several weeks......also act like you been here before.....:)

For some reason, super, mega , cold outbreaks, always seem to dump out West the last 10 years or so! It’s just a thing, I mean, the models show them coming down the plains at first, then they end up coming down into MT and just stopping or going either further west into the PNW!

Back