• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Flaming Feb 2021

I like the trend on the GEFS. lower heights off of the coast lead to a stronger +PNA, therefore a lesser SER.View attachment 70307
Exactly, I don’t get the complaining/worrying lol, sure the cold isn’t looking as impressive, but that pattern right there is still in general, really impressive lol, still got CP flow, it’s just not directed over the SE exactly

Exactly, I don’t get the complaining/worrying lol, sure the cold isn’t looking as impressive, but that pattern right there is still in general, really impressive lol, still got CP flow, it’s just not directed over the SE exactly
I agree. Honestly the look we were seeing with single digit lows and highs in the low 20s screams everything getting to suppressed and not being able to get moisture involved.

I dont need bitter cold I just need cold enough. This pattern is manageable and has plenty of potential.

Typically when something happens (storm) it’s when the -NAO retrogrades, the weekend system honestly just doesn’t get me, we typically see something when our -NAO retrogrades/decays like this... this look is starting to translate into the medium range ??‍♂️View attachment 70306

Trending goodbye to the Alaska Low...
We're heading to the climatologically most favored time of the year for the Deep South/Southeast...

Expect more crazy swings... But I think we'll see something pop up pretty quickly in the next couple days

We're heading to the climatologically most favored time of the year for the Deep South/Southeast...

Expect more crazy swings... But I think we'll see something pop up pretty quickly in the next couple days

This. We could have a much worse look, and I am still excited for the South through at least 2/3 of February at this point. Relying on each operational run of guidance will have people pulling their hair out. I am convinced a lot of members here may have some form of anxiety and ptsd from previous models over the years, lol.

This is also a pattern that keeps on giving.....some areas in the SE will cash in next week and then there will probably be another window 10 days or so later....

I’m a huge fan of this look ??‍♂️ all you basically need is a wave to slide under that View attachment 70304View attachment 70303
Honestly the 50-50 low is a little too far north this weekend. Folks on the I-20 corridor as well as those in CLT & FAY like you and me want to see this big lakes vortex next week translate due E to ESE, with the center of the strongest negative height anomalies south of Atlantic Canada. That would lend enough suppression to keep this from hauling way north of I 40

Pretty sure we are in the latter part of the most climatologically favored time of year. Mid Jan to Mid Feb is usually the best time so we've got about 10 more days or so.

The NCSnow 12z Model of Choice for Sunday Is the Canadian. Regular GFS is close, but no cigar. Need moisture IMBY.
1612287525148.png

Back