• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Flaming Feb 2021

13mb drop in 12 hours on this GFS run! This low is bombing out and looking snowier each run for here! I new I loved analfrontal precip! It does work!5BEC0215-4F35-4684-A55D-405D0BD6F037.pngAD3B0127-9DD6-4D39-BE08-18E6DDF83918.png

Theres probably a reason you never hear the Icon mentioned in a area forescast discussion...
I’m glad I’m not the only one that noticed that. Being where I’m at in Union County, I’m right where 3 different CWFAs (GSP, Raleigh, Columbia) so I usually will read all 3 discussions... not once have I ever seen the ICON referenced.

that cold lakes vortex just sitting pretty there, hopefully we can pop some energy under that thing somehowView attachment 70282
That is the difference here with prior runs. TPV gets further east and can hold confluence and ridging at bay for the next wave, ergo boom. This can trend even better for more on the board.

The lack there of a cold snap Monday could doom our midweek storm. Obviously we could see a reverse but this set of models isn’t pretty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The cold is still there on Monday, it’s just not the ridiculous cold with widespread single digit lows like it’s shown some, and is still seen in the ensembles. Also, I still wouldn’t write off the Sunday system yet.

Back