• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Flaming Feb 2021

These pulses are waning only temporarily and coming back with vengeance this coming week and the following one.
Can’t speak for the NAO, but the AO should go positive later this month as the stratospheric polar vortex rebuilds . That will eventually translate down to the troposphere , I think the future of the NAO would be uncertain once the AO goes positive . I agree it seems to want to be strongly negative for a 2 week period .

Can’t speak for the NAO, but the AO should go positive later this month as the stratospheric polar vortex rebuilds . That will eventually translate down to the troposphere , I think the future of the NAO would be uncertain once the AO goes positive . I agree it seems to want to be strongly negative for a 2 week period .
The stratospheric polar vortex takes several weeks-few months to fully rebuild and recover down to the lower stratosphere, it’s not going to suddenly happen once the upper stratosphere starts cooling in a few weeks. All of this favors continued negative nao and ao thru most of February and perhaps lingering into March

The stratospheric polar vortex takes several weeks-few months to fully rebuild and recover down to the lower stratosphere, it’s not going to suddenly happen once the upper stratosphere starts cooling in a few weeks
Yes, hence my eventually will propagate to the troposphere.

Here is my average snowfall here in Roanoke, VA. Had about 2 inches last winter which was awful. This winter I have around 8 inches. Do I surpass 15 this winter? I personally think I hit 20 by the time it’s over.

Attachments

• C7CE12F9-8EF3-4EE8-AB65-1A998CBAFB96.png
    C7CE12F9-8EF3-4EE8-AB65-1A998CBAFB96.png
    675.7 KB · Views: 44
Here is my average snowfall here in Roanoke, VA. Had about 2 inches last winter which was awful. This winter I have around 8 inches. Do I surpass 15 this winter? I personally think I hit 20 by the time it’s over.
With a little luck you may have a shot at passing 20 in the next two weeks.

Back