• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Flaming Feb 2021

The ULL that pulled through CLT in this storm produced the heaviest snow I’ve ever seen in my life. I drove up to a friends from CAE and drove through it. It was an insane way to cap off a 3 day Winter event.
The wave that came through the day before the big storm was an over producer for me... I got 3.4”, the first of three consecutive days of 3”plus of daytime snowfall... almost unheard of east of the mountains. Of course I’ve not gotten more than 3 inches from a single storm since.

The wave that came through the day before the big storm was an over producer for me... I got 3.4”, the first of three consecutive days of 3”plus of daytime snowfall... almost unheard of east of the mountains. Of course I’ve not gotten more than 3 inches from a single storm since.
You didn't get 3+ in January 18?

Lol control is a crippling ice storm in the 20s, passssssss

Ugh no thank you. We had one of those in Augusta in 2014, and it was AWFUL. 1/4" freezing rain, then 2 inches of sleet on top of it. No power for 4 days. I can still remember the eerie quiet, then the shotgun blast sound of pine trees breaking every few minutes. You never knew if the next broken tree was going to be coming through your roof.

It would be nice to have a cold storm with cold soil temps, road temps, etc. I’m sick of all these warm snows with marginal temps that don’t even stick to the street. I haven’t seen a cold snow since 2014!!!
Yep my snow from this morning is already gone. Looked like it would stick around at first but come noon the sun came out full blast and temp hit 39 which was 5 degrees above the forecasted high for the day. Lots of events this winter but every single one of them has melted within 6 or so hours due to marginal temps.

Is this pic real or photoshopped ? Looks like something out of a movie.
It’s very real. There’s a lot of photoshopped versions of it that spice it up a bit, though. ?

6522E489-564A-40DA-A190-429ADA0B23D8.jpeg6B1066DE-7DAA-432C-A838-0F9E4990836F.jpegF039F45B-C461-4CB1-8B67-5908DA9389C8.jpeg
I believe this photo was from Glenwood Avenue (US70) somewhere between I-540 and I-440, though I’m not 100% sure on the location.

BHM
928604f61c0c742fbe6a18b5e2486544.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back