• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Flaming Feb 2021

I’ll take this pattern on the euro , brings a nice WAR and stops all the nasty CAD. Maybe next Friday could trend to 70 for the eastern half of NC . Plus it brings nice big fronts . People in Alabama and Tennessee are gonna like that.

Maybe today's storm and the weekend threat is just setting the stage for more to come. Next weekend already looking interesting.

Oh god that looks beautiful. I can't wait!!! It better not be raining either!
In kernersville good chance it may be . Hope the WAR trends NW . This is a pattern where is 77 in Wilmington with puffy cumulus , 70 in RDU . Cloudy 68 GSO . 64 and raining ATL. But if it doesn’t trend NW then it will be 50s and raining GSO. 64 cloudy RDU . 70 in Wilmington

I’ll take this pattern on the euro , brings a nice WAR and stops all the nasty CAD. Maybe next Friday could trend to 70 for the eastern half of NC . Plus it brings nice big fronts . People in Alabama and Tennessee are gonna like that.
that Euro run isn't happening...guarantee it looks much different tonight

In kernersville good chance it may be . Hope the WAR trends NW . This is a pattern where is 77 in Wilmington with puffy cumulus , 70 in RDU . Cloudy 68 GSO . 64 and raining ATL. But if it doesn’t trend NW then it will be 50s and raining GSO. 64 cloudy RDU . 70 in Wilmington

TBF, just want sun and over 60. All i want.

TBF, just want sun and over 60. All i want.
Yeah, admittedly this is a warm humid pattern on the EURO , not particularly sunny . You need to be further east for the sun. probably partly cloudy skies at best. Still warm though that’s all I want please.

Euro is way too warm, and has that low shooting up to Canada...nope
I might be wrong but the ECMWF solution looks more right to me, phase 7 MJO in a nina February argues for a southeast ridge, what were ultimately looking for is a shift to phase 8, I think the GEFS/GFS is to quick with the progression. I think we’ll switch cold later tho B444340C-9DD0-4569-8245-CD13C3EC08A2.gifA1504DD1-0A7F-4EB1-ACE7-41928A45385D.png

I might be wrong but the ECMWF solution looks more right to me, phase 7 MJO in a nina February argues for a southeast ridge, what were ultimately looking for is a shift to phase 8, I think the GEFS/GFS is to quick with the progression. I think we’ll switch cold later tho View attachment 68855View attachment 68856
What are the indices like, yesterday Gfs wanted to bring about a positive PNA. Bet the euro doesn’t have that. Something I mentioned is not betting against the stuck weather pattern which has been a negative nao , ao, and pna until proven otherwise .

Kinda looks like Feb 73 with the placement of heaviest snow while N AL and N GA get screwed.
Actually it’s not that far off the look of the Atlanta Snowjam in 2014. It’s an overrunning setup so if it were to actually happen, it would probably be expanded north more

Ok, so I'm confused. I know some folks ended up with a decent snowfall but I thought the TPV generally messed up our cold feed for this last storm?
Nah it was far enough south to overall push our storm south and provide just enough cold for a winter storm, we got lucky with it trending south just enough, if it was just a bit farther north it would have been a novelty flake event

Ok, so I'm confused. I know some folks ended up with a decent snowfall but I thought the TPV generally messed up our cold feed for this last storm. Can you explain the difference in this situation?
If the shortwave up north would have moved through faster, high pressure would have built in and we would have had a significant snowstorm. As we remember from last evening, temps were in the 40s, as were dewpoints. We really didn't have any cold and dry air being directed into the area. We got what we did because of very cold temp aloft, combined with strong enough lift to provide strong dynamic cooling of the column.

Back