• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Flaming Feb 2021

f80ed66f44656e8a916c3d571a0d80eb.jpg

Beastmode mega mother lode cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 at 1 pm? My goodness. This is one of the coldest gfs runs I've seen in a long time

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210127-235954.png
    Screenshot_20210127-235954.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 47
Rule #1: You want the moisture first. Then the cold. You can always pull an Arctic front out of your a** but you can’t always get the moisture. Moisture very important ingredient.

Not this year it seems. We’ve had moisture galore but haven’t had the temps. This degree of cold is a buzzsaw so we definitely want to see it moderate a bit on subsequent runs.

Not this year it seems. We’ve had moisture galore but haven’t had the temps. This degree of cold is a buzzsaw so we definitely want to see it moderate a bit on subsequent runs.

Tim Buckley's and Brad P number one rule. Cold air has to be here first

Well, looking at recent modeling, and the flops, I'm not seeing any reason for anyone to say Winter is close to being done by any means.
AMEN if this cold comes to furwition plus a couple of winter storms before hand? This could go down as an B rated winter ... with a high ceiling knowing marvelous March is still so far away

Pacific + Atlantic cooperation = Vodka cold.

February 2015 only had the Pacific and I managed to get 10s below 0 late in the month. I love extreme cold like that. It's way more rare than snow and only happens after it does snow. So it's a double win.

Bulk of it to our north or arriving later. We want to be close to the dividing lines, otherwise the moisture gets shredded well to the south. Got to find a way to tap the gulf, man. It’s exceedingly warm and could provide some atmospheric napalm.

Reading 33andRain on the LR threads and they keep showing these models depicting an influx of cold air over the continent that really has never arrived here in Jan and will not it seems.

Now all these models (GFS mainly) showing it in Feb. Feel like I'm getting snookered. :)

Back