• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Flaming Feb 2021

I’ll never forgot that one. No power for a week, watched pine trees falling and burning on power lines out the back of the house. I lived on the state line back then.
You are too young, but the ice storm in North GA ATL 1973, was one in a 100 year event. You have no idea how scary this one was, it was literally a war zone that lasted for 39 hours. In many areas it changed the landscape.

Is it just me or has the gfs flip flop more this year then any other year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are too young, but the ice storm in North GA ATL 1973, was one in a 100 year event. You have no idea how scary this one was, it was literally a war zone that lasted for 39 hours. In many areas it changed the landscape.

It sounds like the 2002 ice storm in the Charlotte metro. We had worse damage to the tree canopy and power infrastructure than Hugo.

Talk about a cold bleep Valentines day. Somehow, Columbia only manages 17.
That to me has as much chance of happening as what it’s showing for the storm on Friday and Saturday now or the 2 foot snow amounts it was showing for me yesterday at 12z.

I’m NOt picking on KyloG . Using this post as an example . Keep in mind we have members stretching from Arizona to NC so just because a run looks bad or trends the wrong way it does. It mean it won’t work out for some of our members . Seeing a lot posts like “ wrong way “ this won’t work” and so forth . Make sure you notice people’s location . We all need different things to happen unless we get the perfect setup ( which I doubt ) where we all cash in

Agree 100%. Not sure how my SC born and raised bleep would handle -20. Lol
Don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t mind experiencing temperatures like that during the day simply because of the absolute anomalous nature of it, but come on the... the only three days in CLT weather history that I can find that had low to mid teens during the middle of the day were- 1899 Southeast Blizzard, 1979 President’s Day storm, and 1985 Arctic Outbreak

I’m NOt picking on KyloG . Using this post as an example . Keep in mind we have members stretching from Arizona to NC so just because a run looks bad or trends the wrong way it does. It mean it won’t work out for some of our members . Seeing a lot posts like “ wrong way “ this won’t work” and so forth . Make sure you notice people’s location . We all need different things to happen unless we get the perfect setup ( which I doubt ) where we all cash in

Good point...that’s my bad. I deleted the post.

Don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t mind experiencing temperatures like that during the day simply because of the absolute anomalous nature of it, but come on the... the only three days in CLT weather history that I can find that had low to mid teens during the middle of the day were- 1899 Southeast Blizzard, 1979 President’s Day storm, and 1985 Arctic Outbreak
Pretty sure Dec 1989 also had daytime Temps in the teens. Even KCAE didn't get out of the low 20s.

Good point...that’s my bad. I deleted the post.

No lol it’s not your bad . I was just pointing out each location is different . We need you to post . You’re very informative . We need to watch the trends . This will be a St. Louis special by Sunday

Back