• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Flaming Feb 2021

Well the Kiss My A$$ model aka The Korean is on board! The southern half of these accumulations is mostly ice. Not really taking this seriously I just think its crazy all the model data there is now. Back when I first started weather model nerding all we had was the NGM, ETA, the Aviation, maybe the GEM, and the EURO. Back then the EURO really was king but it was only ran at 12Z and was limited to 500mb heights, 850Temp winds, and MSLP unless you had a lot of extra cash. Not really sure what we used to do waiting 12 hours between model runs. Anyways I'm just dating myself back to the discussion...View attachment 71271

Nothing like getting nuked w/ snow by the N Korean model

These cold pushes are never on time. That’s just the reality of it. More times than not, when a potent piece of arctic air pushes through, the Carolinas usually end up on the severe side. The boundary rarely if ever stalls east of the Appalachian mountains. Always west. Not sure why we thought this time would be different. Yet here we are.

Back