• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Flaming Feb 2021

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_28.png

Precip breaking out.

I will be interested to see how the GFS and EURO handle things again today, like all of you...... Take a look on how much better the euro was overall on last nights 0z run vs the 12z run. If you keep the timing and players on the field, my money is on the euro, GFS timing well then we have more ice/rain issues and the deep south could get mostly shut out again. I am just looking for consistency at this point.

So, 00z map vs 12z map at 3 different time stamps

View attachment 71077

I know this is the end of the run but is that LP in gulf about to transfer to the LP off FL in the Atlantic?

This is definitely the exact opposite of what you wanna see, literally if the height trends for everything were reversed it would have been good. Again the 27th-28th storm had its PV lobe forecast in Nunavut 5 days out and ended up over Ontario a few days later on the models. if we even got a trend a third as large as that we'd be swimming in white gold

1612455853997.png

We need that piece over Alaska to be much stronger and further south. Otherwise no +PNA. This run gives us a -PNA and a SER, so we'll get screwed.
12z vs 18z last night.
gfs-deterministic-namer-z500_anom-3131200.pnggfs-deterministic-namer-z500_anom-3131200.png

Oh yea, that's better. Good short-term trend for us here wrt next week

View attachment 71088
I think someone mentioned earlier this morning that with this weekend’s system getting more amped and trending NW, it would probably mean more CAA behind and mute the milder temperatures early in the week. This is certainly a sign of that.

ewww..ya this run is awful!! Good news is that there is a signal out there still. Much different this run.. Lets see if the doc holds the course or throws some curveballs.

Back