• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPC still beating the "cold air" drum, though ... (FWIW)

sfc_count_sup814_temp.gif

Atlanta area received 10 inches i'd be happy!!
Well, if that deep cold air will get in here during the most part of the system and not at the last minute we could get that much. 1" of rain = 10" of snow, again, only *if* the system was all snow for the most part.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

I'm locking this thread and cleaning it up. There is a banter thread for a reason. I'm just as guilty as some for getting off track. let's keep the discussion about February

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Wish the sun angle myth would just die. It has to do with snow melt, that's it. It's not really noticeable given we get a large snowstorm until after February. It's a pretty much non factor, in general...thus, quit mentioning it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 12Z looks actually decent. Surface temps are in the low 40s and the 850s are close for many in the upper southeast. Don't focus on details, but the range they can go, eight up some or down some. If they trend down, someone down in the south could be happy.

yeah, let that be remembered next time someone says it was too warm the day before so it won't stick ;-)
Yup, it doesn't matter how warm it's been or how long...you can still get significant snowfall amounts, regardless how warm it's been.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

It seems the last few years that even if the teleconnections are favorable we don't score. Not that we would necessarily in the south but seems that they are less predictive than ever before.

Ground Temps are just fine regardless of today's temperature.

groundtemp.png

12z Euro could be a very good run, ULL much slower than the 00z

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back