• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd also like to see some amplification of the low. Those two HPs would help intensify the low if they we're closer to the low. Think of it has magnets, when you try to the stick the magnets together with the same polarity you can feel the force. That's the same concept between highs and lows.

I'd also like to see some support from the Euro. The 0z runs of the Euro does have the second system, it just comes across the SE states as a weak disturbance and intensifying over the Atlantic. I'd expect the 12z Euro runs to have an improvement with the second system.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

GEFS not great. The ecmwf has led the charge with this pattern though. The dr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gefs not great, but better than previous runs. If GFS Op continues to show up, I believe we may see an increase in the ENS.

This may be the first trend on the GFS op that we've seen if it continues through 00z.

Looks like a dusting along the I40 corridor. I didnt look at 850s or surface temps just the total snowfall map
Thanks. I don't think it was showing much on earlier runs. If I see a flake, it's a win!

if this hasn't been posted...heck yeah!
16443315_1576819559012363_985341726_n.png

May be speaking to soon but the Dr looks like it's getting ready to slap the GFS in the face for it 12z run...LOL!

lol hell the 00z euro was closer to something vs this 12z run . Not even close

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

It is pretty simple IMO (based on history) for the best chance at a widespread event: the sfc low crossing north FL (to give the well inland/upper south a halfway decent chance) or central FL (to also give deeper south a decent chance). The GEFS members agree.

I'd also like to see some amplification of the low. Those two HPs would help intensify the low if they we're closer to the low. Think of it has magnets, when you try to the stick the magnets together with the same polarity you can feel the force. That's the same concept between highs and lows.

I'd also like to see some support from the Euro. The 0z runs of the Euro does have the second system, it just comes across the SE states as a weak disturbance and intensifying over the Atlantic. I'd expect the 12z Euro runs to have an improvement with the second system.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

No. Just no.

On the system, meh. You have the cold biased GFS by itself showing a keyhole system with the Bermuda high pumping at 180hrs. What could go wrong.

So for those wanting winter weather you have the gfs and 4/5 gefs members vs the cmc,euro ,euro ensembles ........

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back