• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holding my breath for the EURO (no access for me right now)...I've looked at so many maps today that I've forgotten what the Euro looked like at 0z for the first wave???...I hate getting old...
The 0z Euro OP has that first system cutting. Maybe some overrunning of frozen precip for some but as that low gets kicked out...changing to all rain.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

So what happened with the Para? Looks like it threw in the towel 5 days ago. LOL
It's test run is done, it goes live in April or May, and will replace the old GFS at that time. Per the other board

Well there ya have it folks, models want no part in second wave atm

Me throwing winter in the bushes

tumblr_okkt83dZ261u1ljrzo1_500.gif

That Euro run was pretty close up this way to probably 2 systems. I am not sure wtf the Euro is doing with the day 10 system that is a mega shortwave coming across the US

So with the possibility of completely ending winter after the Super Bowl system, it's CMC/GEFS/EURO vs the GFS.

I have a feeling I know who's going to win this.

So with the possibility of completely ending winter after the Super Bowl system, it's CMC/GEFS/EURO vs the GFS.

I have a feeling I know who's going to win this.
What system? There is nothing winter about that system unless cold rain is considered winter.

That Euro run was pretty close up this way to probably 2 systems. I am not sure wtf the Euro is doing with the day 10 system that is a mega shortwave coming across the US

Could it be that the Doc is back to being drunk?
In all seriousness, Doc is still King and the GFS has been cold biased. I wish this weren't the case obviously. Keep hope alive though because there are always exceptions and Goofy was so close to something very special for many here near the start of a relatively quite favorable climo period.

Last edited:
Could it be that the Doc is back to being drunk?
In all seriousness, Doc is still King and the GFS has been cold biased. I wish this weren't the case obviously. Keep hope alive though because there are always exceptions.
Even with the GFS, the majority of us are shut out of the Winter games.

It's been everywhere. Keep in mind this time frame is still over a week away. We should not take the model output as something reasonable until at least 100 hours out, and even then it is susceptible to change, as we saw last storm the Euro flipped everywhere even 24 hours out. Don't throw this one in the trash can until we see cutter and/or torch be very consistent. However, it may very well be that it will keep showing a torch and we will get a torch. Who really knows, but I bet we will see one run the next 48 hours that will excite everyone.

Even with the GFS, the majority of us are shut out of the Winter games.

True, Shawn, but Goofy was close. I still think that a track 100-150 miles SE of the 12Z GFS would likely result in cold enough for a widespread winter storm, especially when considering history around that time of year (start of 2nd week in Feb.).

True, Shawn, but Goofy was close. I still think that a track 100-150 miles SE of the 12Z GFS would likely result in cold enough for a widespread winter storm, especially when considering history around that time of year (start of 2nd week in Feb.).
Yeah, but with recent storms over the last while, I'd like to see it cold and shoved down to Cuba. As we get closer, they always tend to come North.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back