• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
18z GFS has the cutoff low closed off much earlier than any modeling so far. Cuts off at 90 hours much more south and west. 12z Para cut off over the 4 corners region at hour 120.

The ULL has more disconnection with the northern stream at 102 and 108 than 18z. The energy is also wrapping up more than 18z. This run could have a colder core with that ULL.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

GFS operational 2mT 168 HR forecast bias January 2017 & the first 7 days of February... The GFS actually had a warm bias in the SE US in January while thus far in Feb it's been verifying way too cold @/around 168 HR.

ANOM2m_bias_past07_ntham.png
ANOM2m_bias_rotate_MM01_monthly_ntham.png

This run not likely to be much different than the 18z. By 156 hours the ULL is no longer cutoff, 18z held it until 2/15 00z or 174 hours. Timing as far as east movement virtually identical to 18z at 165 hours. We need this ULL hanging back and spinning around much longer (and stronger) like the para in order to allow the confluence/PV to swing in. What you see swinging in at 132 hours on the 00z isn't the PV.

The PV is being held back than 18z. On the 18z you could see the edge of the vortex over eastern Canada at 12z Wed. No vortex there yet at 12z Wed on 0z. The cold will come in after the ULL on this run.

At 177hr it closes off over central TX, that's good and different than the 18z. But yeah, started jogging east way too soon, not going to cut it.

Don't worry y'all, days 12-16 will be good....that time period looks like it will have good times.

NE special incoming...looks like there will be a phase there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back