• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_39.png
just remember if this works out, I called it first lol jk. Not a bad look

It's good to see the models all see something out there at this point. If everything sees it, some storm should happen somewhere. Just need that cold to be close enough, but not too intense.

As I said, this has shown during this time period for a while but the difference is in earlier runs this was being buried in Mexico. So I think the idea of a storm was picked up but who knows on the details. Could be in Mexico, could just end up being a MA/NE special.

actually Larry was first but we will throw you in there if you want lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Oh yeah forgot about Larry lol. Give him credit he deserves it.

So are you saying temps won't respond to the Teleconnections? What about the NS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No - not saying that - but I'm scratching my head since by and large temps have not acted like one might expect given varying other set-ups this winter. I've really looked hard (and obviously I pay a lot of attention to teleconnections) and am a present loss to see what gets the NS into play down here any time soon; the players are surely at the table but something seems to have (has had anyway) thrown grit in the gearbox

As I said, this has shown during this time period for a while but the difference is in earlier runs this was being buried in Mexico. So I think the idea of a storm was picked up but who knows on the details. Could be in Mexico, could just end up being a MA/NE special.
gonna be hard to get too far north with the blocking and 50/50 in place. As met said earlier , this is a situation that could actually trend south with the blocking showing

No - not saying that - but I'm scratching my head since by and large temps have not acted like one might expect given varying other set-ups this winter. I've really looked hard (and obviously I pay a lot of attention to teleconnections) and am a present loss to see what gets the NS into play down here any time soon; the players are surely at the table but something seems to have (has had anyway) thrown grit in the gearbox

Gotcha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not posting pictures just to post pictures, but this sorta illustrates the head scratching (at least from this end of the world) - seems a -NAO, -AO and what looks to be a -EPO don't/won't hold a grip - but alas, these are just models and maybe things will behave, finally, like they are "supposed" to

imageproxy.png

imageproxy_1.png

Maybe the Pacific Ocean will behave next winter like it did for the two winters before last winter...
Serious question here. If the pacific was so favorable in the 2014-15 winter, why did Atlanta get shut out ? What was it that went wrong for Atlanta that winter ?

Euro has the system also it's just a cutter and would likely be some severe with it.....

Not your typical cutter though as it hits the wall of blocking and then heads due east off the coast around the Delmarva region, I still think this ends up further south

Euro has the system also it's just a cutter and would likely be some severe with it.....
that's good , if it showed any wintry it would fail .

I'm really interested in the day 8-10 period . just need a little after NS

Not your typical cutter though as it hits the wall of blocking and then heads due east off the coast around the Delmarva region, I still think this ends up further south
I agree and that run shows how this is gonna have trouble getting too far north as you pointed out

I agree and that run shows how this is gonna have trouble getting too far north as you pointed out

Also I think the Euro is faster with the energy ejecting out which allows it to get further north initially.... so I don't know we're doing something like threading the needle right? Lol always!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back