• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget to mention the GFS itself has had a low show up around that time frame as well, but warm and a little too far north for us to get snow. At least it is a sign for the pattern to look better, hopefully.
gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_39.png
you wouldn't be talking about this would ya?

0z Euro EPS also has that system, it's also too warm for anything.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk
Your right, but if models still advertise this, I think it's worth keeping a eye on around that time frame.

Your right, but if models still advertise this, I think it's worth keeping a eye on around that time frame.
Oh yeah sure enough, specially if it trends colder, which it may with that +PNA spike.

0z Euro EPS also has that system, it's also too warm for anything.

gfs_asnow_seus_41.png
this ain't much still far out, but if we get 998 MB low tracking south, with cold air just north of us, it wouldn't take much for this to trend colder

Is the snow threat gone for Tennessee on Thursday?
Not completely, eastern TN may get some snow flurries as the system pushes off to the north and east. The boarder of east TN/western NC may get some accumulating snow but outside of the mountains won't see much in the way of anything, if anything.

Not completely, eastern TN may get some snow flurries as the system pushes off to the north and east. The boarder of east TN/western NC may get some accumulating snow but outside of the mountains won't see much in the way of anything, if anything.

Thanks! That sucks. I'm in middle tn lol

Any know a good site for looking up past high and low temperatures?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In the Weather Links thread, under Weather History (Set Your Location and/or Time Frame) are a couple; not sure if this is what you're looking for, but it may get you the info you're seeking

I think the feather in the hat that we're dealing with is a potential GOA low despite all of the other good teleconnections we might get (other than a -NAO). If that comes true, that low is going to pump mild air over much of the US. Maybe it's weaker and doesn't hurt as much though.

Yeah long range not looking too shabby, yeah I know it's long range but indices suggest this MIGHT have legs.... it's not going north with the blocking in place by then
yep that's a really good look for your area and the east coast

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back