• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gfs continues it's hate of the 10mb pv
ca711d2683566fa93692fe5013ae6766.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Maybe better there's no storm! My TWC local forecast has a high in the 60s Friday and Saturday

If we get the extremely rare +2 PNA, there'd be legit hope for around midmonth considering the -AO and MJO 8. Only 1 in 2,000 DJF days has had a +2 PNA (last one in 2/1983)!

I'm not giving up on 2/10 either. What I think is that there will be two opportunities, 2/10 and ~2/13-16. If 2/10 turns out be nothing, I have a feeling that midmonth is going to get mighty interesting. I think model consensus for midmonth is likely going to change and the much colder 0Z GFS for then may turn out to be the first hint of changes to come.
Larry, great stuff! If we score a storm on any of the two dates you listed above, you will be my hero! I just see a lot of warm temps and t storms

This remains disconcerting - just as the NAO is finally progged to go negative, the EPO is progged to go fairly positive. Too much counterbalance, at least theoretically (although the PNA looks great).
4indices.png

This remains disconcerting - just as the NAO is finally progged to go negative, the EPO is progged to go fairly positive. Too much counterbalance, at least theoretically (although the PNA looks great).
4indices.png

And IF the EPO is the drive this winter well....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol, it's not likely. I think things look about the same for chances of a storm as yesterday. 12Z should be the same solution or another one.
I agree. I do know that when we get a big storm, the models usually have a better handle on the system much earlier. Huge red flag that we are going to strikeout if there's only an occasional op run or a couple of ensemble members per day that shows anything.

Outside of a low sparking much further west the 6z GFS was meh. And after it sparked it just scooted OTS I think.

Looks like the second system is coming in much further south at hr 72 than past runs. We want to see it coming in further south.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

This *could* be an interesting run if things hold the way their looking right now.

The low is in th right spot at 108...it looks better than past runs.

Per prelim maps: It looks like due to upper trough hanging back further west that there will be more action with the 2/10 storm on the 12Z GFS but will it be cold enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back