• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February Discussion part 3. Don's Winter Storm Hunt

If you want to really see snow, move to Aomori City, Tōhoku, Japan. They average over 300 inches per year, that is 25 feet for those too lazy to do the math :D By comparison, Boston gets an average of 44 inches

Last edited:
I don't think I have ever seen the entire U.S. with absolutely no HP centered over any part of it. As of 7 PM., according to the SPC Mesoscle analysis, the closest thing to HP is the a peice of the Atlantic ridge of pushing up over Fla Ga, Al And Tn.most all of it is less than 1014mb. Only SFla is above1016mb. What a mess!!

para has a Kentucky special next sunday into Monday
d80ace0b6117f4eecf48630a00a010f1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
You left out Tennessee...looks like east Tenn is better than Kentucky there

I recognize that the Euro is the best model out there, no matter what happened with one storm but I'm cheap, I could care less about paying to gain full access to it. I realize this likely isn't a good idea, especially since I'm not the greatest at reading 500/surface maps but am getting better, but I take after my dad who will be cheap with things.
You should sign up for AccuPro, you'll love it, they have all kind of cool modeling you can view. It's not that expensive either, it's like $20 a month.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

You should sign up for AccuPro, you'll love it, they have all kind of cool modeling you can view. It's not that expensive either, it's like $20 a month.

and it's free for the first month, so you can finish out winter and cancel at no charge

gfs_asnow_us_39.png
Not for the southeast, but I would love to be in Iowa.

I used to have accupro but weatherbell is better imo. 24 a month

We ought to just fire up the spring thread! All I see is 60s-80s for the next two weeks+! Sad

Interesting look there at the last hr on the EPS. Too bad, it's at the last hr though.

To those saying about the Euro costing money, generally you aren't just buying access to the Euro. You're buying access to the amazing EPS. and if you use WeatherBell, you will have some of the best/fastest maps around.

Accuwx PRO used to (could still) give raw text data of the Euro model. Which is cool, but Ryan's meteograms and things for the individual EPS members, GEFS, etc are the best.

To those saying about the Euro costing money, generally you aren't just buying access to the Euro. You're buying access to the amazing EPS. and if you use WeatherBell, you will have some of the best/fastest maps around.

Accuwx PRO used to (could still) give raw text data of the Euro model. Which is cool, but Ryan's meteograms and things for the individual EPS members, GEFS, etc are the best.
I tried to use WeatherBell, I don't like how the interface is. Accuwx Pro is easy, you can put any weather model you want all on one page. I agree, WeatherBell has some nice maps. Accuwx has upgraded their maps and they look better than they did. And yup, that's true, most of your money is going towards the Euro EPS and the weeklies, that data is hard to come by with free sites.

Back