• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry February 7-8 Winter storm

3km, 18z NAM...still showing a burst of snowfall Saturday afternoon. Other short range models has moisture as well, but not as much snowfall like what the 3km is showing. Of course, I'm pulling for the 3km NAM lol.
ref1km_ptype.us_se.png

I'm all in. I mean when the hell else are we suppose to throw our chips in this winter? This is the best chance we have had and will probably get at even seeing a flake. Maybe we can get a light dusting like we did on the Jan 23, 2016 "storm" ATL got like a light dusting and it was entertaining why i was in college lol

Looks like this will be a hit or miss down this way so far just showers passing by with temps in the middle 40s I doubt if we make it to 34 because temps been holding steady in the 40s for quite sometime now... Maybe here in Tuscaloosa I will see a flake and call it a winter

I am really thinking this surprises a few in North central alabama tonight. Someone is waking up to a .5 inch or 1 inch of snow in the morning. Not sure where that will be, but this is interesting.
Further west in north Alabama you are, the better odds.

NWS Huntsville is not too excited about it overall, and doesn't even mention Huntsville proper in their current discussion. I am watching that N MS moisture blob and temp/dp here is down to 43/42

Back