• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry February 7-8 Winter storm

I'm hoping the snow will over perform tomorrow and I end up getting a quick dusting or 1/2." I'm just glad we got some snow to track...finally!

Saturday's mini snow storm is still looking pretty good on the 3km NAM. May get a dusting to 1". 20200206_225855.png

This is the 0z WRF-ARW2 for Saturday...that's a good looking mini snow storm, I'll take it!
5e96f0c6f6978c79c057512ed19ec9a3.gif
5d82bebe2efb08a200c4d480fd211e1c.jpg

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

41 degrees and rain at my house.. Not staying up for this one. The early Dec car topper was more exciting.

About an inch of wet snow here in Nashville, about to taper off. Stuck to the everything except the asphalt!

Dry air quickly moving in from the west/southwest. Done deal.
If that last band near the TN River can hold up we might squeek out another .25". Liquid ratios should be pretty decent. That'd put us at 1-2" area wide. Not bad considering a dusting to .5 was forecasted.

We now have more snowfall on the season than alot of cities on the East Coast LOL!

If that last band near the TN River can hold up we might squeek out another .25". Liquid ratios should be pretty decent. That'd put us at 1-2" area wide. Not bad considering a dusting to .5 was forecasted.

We now have more snowfall on the season than alot of cities on the East Coast LOL!
It’s pretty crazy how quick that dry air came in. I was easily on my way to 2 plus inches if it had held together and continued to snow as hard as it was. Oh well I’m still extremely happy with the plastering I received tonigh!!

Best run of the 3km NAM yet. I’m really getting intrigued by this one, but not completely sold just yet.

Yeah NAM went sort of crazy this run.

HPJTLb.jpg

daiNvZ.jpg

It does seem to be trending colder with the initial temps, especially in the mid levels, but it is the NAM and it tends to over amp these systems and trend on the colder side of verification.

NAM is supportive of a burst of heavy snow with that little system, nice 850mb frontogenesis and WAA, but not enough to cause mixing issues 85F198F9-1FC8-47D7-B088-AC965445B480.pngE828DD92-D5E9-40EF-967C-CA908216FB35.pngnice lift the the DGZ, and 700-500mb LRs look good, with weak elevated CAPE, which adds the Convective Touch

Back