• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry February 7-8 Winter storm

3km NAM was good this morning with moisture. Thunderstorms and hail. Maybe it’s not being too aggressive after all. May be right for Saturday

3K NAM would be amazing. Gonna put on my clown shoes and ride it to glory.
Might as well, we got nothin' to lose. We already lost. lmao I have more faith in this snow potential tomorrow than the snow flurries this morning. Looks like the bands of precip is setting up south of the ATL metro unless a couple more start developing north and west of us.

RGEM is really close for a lot of areas in the metro. 850s are fine throughout the event for areas north of I-20 on Saturday, but 925s are between 1-2 celcius. I'm more likely to believe the RGEM unfortunately. I can see areas where it's showing rain actually be mix or sleet with mostly snow in heavier bands of precip, but it's definitely not as cold as the NAM...probably more likely the NAM trends towards the RGEM than vice versa.

It really does feel like all winter we've struggled with the boundary/surface temps even when the mid levels are below freezing.

The only other short range model that comes close to the NAM is that WRF model that was posted in here last night.

National weather service GSP

A broad trough will remain over the eastern CONUS tonight, with
western mountain upslope moisture briefly diminishing. Anticipate a
return to below climo temperatures throughout today through tonight.

&&

.SHORT TERM /SATURDAY THROUGH SUNDAY NIGHT/...
As of 305 AM EST Friday: The next shortwave diving into the broad
eastern trough will cross the southern Appalachians on Saturday.
This should be a very quick hit of moisture and forcing, which
should greatly limit any snow accumulations. However, profiles could
well support brief, wet snow even east of the mountains Saturday
during the peak of the moist upglide. A brief shot of northwest flow
moisture will then occur behind the wave Saturday evening before
drying up overnight. Accumulations in the mountains look to be sub-
advisory, but this can revisited after the brief Friday snow shower
episode is over. Temps remain below climo.

Sitting in paulding county and got my little grapel/blizzard going I'll take it I guess

The only other short range model that comes close to the NAM is that WRF model that was posted in here last night.
Tack on the HRRR too at 6Z
hrrr_ref_frzn_seus_32.png

The upstate will likely see snow tomorrow, just not sure how limited the accumulations will be

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
All I would want to see is flakes fall I wouldn’t care if it sticks or not but a light dusting would be nice

All I would want to see is flakes fall I wouldn’t care if it sticks or not but a light dusting would be nice
Well most of the models are on board now even the GFS, so Flakes look to fly for sure

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back