• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February 2024

I will definitely enjoy Spring and Summer! I love to Fish, Golf, And just Being outdoors enjoying life. Kinda of hard to do those things when there's snow on the ground and Freezing Cold! I've never really understood people in the South Loving Cold and Snow?? It really makes no sense, that's what the North is made for. I think most in here forgets where they are

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
I hear you. I’m a golf nut myself but don’t play much in the winter. I hate the wet and mucky ground moreso than the cold. A lot of us I think just get bitten by the winter storm bug at an early age and never get it out of our system. I’m a North Carolina guy thru and thru and highly unlikely to move and live elsewhere for snow. It’s just a hobby thing to follow in winter

I hear you. I’m a golf nut myself but don’t play much in the winter. I hate the wet and mucky ground moreso than the cold. A lot of us I think just get bitten by the winter storm bug at an early age and never get it out of our system. I’m a North Carolina guy thru and thru and highly unlikely to move and live elsewhere for snow. It’s just a hobby thing to follow in winter
Near Charlotte and looking for someone else to play golf with while my partner is out with surgery. If you're interested this spring, I would love to play a round with you. Just dont laugh at my 100+ score

I will play in winter as long as it's above 50° But definitely here lately it's been very soggy! And I get it people likes winter storms but a lot of here forgets about realization and just how hard it is to get snow around here. Things are Changing and folks can't accept the Fact.

They close the course here in October and re open them in May! I’m gonna omay more this year! Anytime Grit, Rain_Cold , And Jimmy Hypocrisy need a 4th, y’all let me know! I shoot low 90s and am a little rough on etiquette!
John Daly is my idol

I will play in winter as long as it's above 50° But definitely here lately it's been very soggy! And I get it people likes winter storms but a lot of here forgets about realization and just how hard it is to get snow around here. Things are Changing and folks can't accept the Fact.

I've started playing edgewater down in Lancaster, fun little course. Easier than Eagle Chase here outside of Marshville.

One word of caution regarding the advertised mid-month pattern change. While the upper-air pattern screams vodka cold complete with cross-polar flow, Eurasia and the NW territories are not exceptionally cold, and much of the N. American snow cover has been decimated by this recent thaw. So, the surface response, while cold, doesn't look nearly as cold as the pattern would leave one to assume. At least initially.
eps_z500a_nhem_61.png

eps_T2ma_nhem_61.png

One word of caution regarding the advertised mid-month pattern change. While the upper-air pattern screams vodka cold complete with cross-polar flow, Eurasia and the NW territories are not exceptionally cold, and much of the N. American snow cover has been decimated by this recent thaw. So, the surface response, while cold, doesn't look nearly as cold as the pattern would leave one to assume. At least initially.
eps_z500a_nhem_61.png

eps_T2ma_nhem_61.png

Yep...and it will be late Feb at best before we could see that improve. I think we all know how this ends.

tick tock

gfs-ensemble-all-avg-conus-t2m_c_anom_multimember_panel-7976800.png

eps_z500a_nhem_61.png

eps_T2ma_nhem_61.png
respectfully disagree. The coldest high temperature recorded in Clemson, SC in the last 20 years occurred on February 20, 2015 with a high of 28 and a low of 6 degrees in full sun... and this was the snowcover that day.
Screen Shot 2024-01-31 at 9.05.36 AM.png

Last edited:

It runs in cycles and will always be changing. I'm an avid Golfer and Like Grit love the winter wx /snow chase. I prefer playing in mid 50's*mid 60's, full sun, no breeze, no bugs, no humidity. Played down at coast alot this past summer, early fall. Just get soaked in sweat etc, not pleasant

respectfully disagree. The coldest high temperature recorded in Clemson, SC in the last 20 years occurred on February 2020, 2015 with a high of 28 and a low of 6 degrees in full sun... and this was the snowcover that day.
View attachment 144522
Hopefully, by the last ten days or so of February, we'll get a similar response.

I'm just saying that as sexy as the upper pattern looks by mid-month, getting much below temps may take longer than one would think based on the upper-air pattern. And why.

Not to mention that as we get into late February and early March, slightly below no longer works very well for winter weather.

Back