• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February 2024

Just curious, would this look be clipper city for me? With disturbances coming off the +PNA ridge?
Good storm chance for you may be as the colder pattern is kicking off in Feb 11-13 timeframe. After that I suppose it would be some cold dry, with some storm chances mixed in as things oscillate. Just some thoughts there

Is this great pattern mid feb gonna be more of the same cold out west and not making it past the apps?
The big thing we’ll have going for us east of the Apps when compared to a couple weeks ago is a more favorable MJO in phases 7,8,1. The MJO amped up into phases 3,4,5 two weeks and that promoted the SER that made it harder for the cold to move east. We’re in phase 7 and lower amp now and you tell this week the response has been for less SER.

The big thing we’ll have going for us east of the Apps when compared to a couple weeks ago is a more favorable MJO in phases 7,8,1. The MJO amped up into phases 3,4,5 two weeks and that promoted the SER that made it harder for the cold to move east. We’re in phase 7 and lower amp now and you tell this week the response has been for less SER.
People discount the MJO but I personally put a lot of weight in it.

People discount the MJO but I personally put a lot of weight in it.
It shouldn’t be discounted, however it should not be given more weight that the other indicies. I’ve spent some time looking into winter storms in my area and what the MJO was at the time and yes there’s been a number of big storms in what we would consider bad phases… the common thing on them though is that the MJO was low amped in those phases.

Last edited:
Hard to snow in 50s and 60s. Gonna have 2 weeks to score last 2 weeks of Feb and that is going to be Hard pressed. This winter is done.
1398c260e8af6f2197b4c06779a1fada.gif

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Seems a bit emotionally impulsive but enjoy your summer! We'll catch you back in here next winter
I will definitely enjoy Spring and Summer! I love to Fish, Golf, And just Being outdoors enjoying life. Kinda of hard to do those things when there's snow on the ground and Freezing Cold! I've never really understood people in the South Loving Cold and Snow?? It really makes no sense, that's what the North is made for. I think most in here forgets where they are

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Back