• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February 2024

1707069600-Y5vZIZV9Qng.png

If you ever wonder why we need a whamby thread just refer back to this 4 run trend. It’s tough out here and getting tougher by the yearView attachment 144351
The ridge, the height, tilt, and amplitude of it, is the most important factor on the board, IMO. It's possible, I suppose, that smaller scale features are impacting how it evolves. But the trends of that feature have been less that ideal. This is somewhat of an anomalous setup to begin with, with far too many if/thens involved. Very high risk/high reward pattern that seems to be draining all of our chips so far. I wish we had a strong high pressure feeding in here ahead of the storm. That's more ideal to me, but we play the hand we're dealt.

Last edited:
babe wake up new fly in the ointment just dropped

euro weakens the canadian ridge. smaller, weaker ridges will wander eastward; they need to be larger/stronger to stand still or even retrograde west.
trend-ecmwf_full-2024013012-f162.500h_anom.conus.gif

so no vort max can drop down because... there's a block there... the ridge... rip

given no radical changes in the cold press either it was an underwhelming run

i like some of the changes at h5 otherwise and thought this was a nice moral victory, although with the euro it would be nice to see "actual" victories. interested to see the ensembles

Back