• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February 2024

I mean if you think about this is far from being over lol, all it takes is a few swings back the other way because the southern stream wave has trended more amped/juiced. Certainly don’t wanna see anymore trends at H5 away though in the NE, but the WNC nuking kinda shows the potential of this system even with a mediocre ass cold feed 4E57E129-5316-48A0-980B-44A46B4BE751.gif

Now everyone said that the pattern and the setup prevented any cutters and this should ride the gulf. What happened?

Now everyone said that the pattern and the setup prevented any cutters and this should ride the gulf. What happened?
It doesn’t cut. It takes a further north track but it’s still moving east… then it looks like it transfers to a new low on the coast in a Miller B type set up which explains why the Foothills and Western Piedmont get pasted… there’s obviously some strong FGEN forcing to cool the column in those areas. This is actually the scenario I thought of yesterday when mets were posting the CMC and ICON that showed the low in that location

I think our blocking has really sucked this year. No true, real Greenland block keeping 50/50s where we need then. That thing is gone. So storm cuts
There’s no cutter, it’s just super amped with no cold air, cutter is it goes to our NW up into the Ohio valley/MA/NE or lakes 5ACC021C-01FB-4B51-BED5-7526FFD9A7AD.png

I don’t see a cutter… ? Only thing I see is a weird sfc low pivoting N in response to the vort pinwheeling View attachment 144145
Yeah this certainly not a cutter. Like I said if anything it’s setting up a Miller B transfer. This is honestly a solution that we could see even if the confluence improves and CAD trends stronger.

Yeah this certainly not a cutter. Like I said if anything it’s setting up a Miller B transfer. This is honestly a solution that we could see even if the confluence improves and CAD trends stronger.
The 00z Spire showed what can happen when things go right with a miller B

Sent from my SM-A136U1 using Tapatalk

There’s no cutter, it’s just super amped with no cold air, cutter is it goes to our NW up into the Ohio valley/MA/NE or lakes View attachment 144146
Let’s be honest on this one, there really is not clarity or consensus on the modeling right now and they are kinda going all over the place. Our cold feed has definitely trended the wrong way on a lot models since last night but it’s trended better on both the ICON and UK. This really kinda reminds of that first storm in January 2022 when it was about 3 days about the globals really started to come into any sort of agreement.

Remember when yall were worried about this being too suppressed? Simpler times.
View attachment 144141
I just never seen any hp in place to the north to keep it from cutting. The last few days of gfs runs just don't reflect reality as the orientation ots. It's just looked funky this is more believable imo.

I just never seen any hp in place to the north to keep it from cutting. The last few days of gfs runs just don't reflect reality as the orientation ots. It's just looked funky this is more believable imo.
Again though… this didn’t cut and yes it would have a tough time doing that with the Canadian ridge to the north

Back