• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February 2024

1707048000-eYv8v7jc6dM.png

I'll be honest this isn't a bad look. Yes the 50/50 is further east but it is in a more classic position and is deepening and slowing. the S/W is diving south also.

The omega ridge sliding east is not what we want...that just drags the warm air where we don't want it. Only way this will work is if we get some of the n/s energy injected in and that is moving the wrong way. We trying to make lemonade and we got no lemons.

trend-ecmwf_full-2024012912-f132.850t_anom.na.giftrend-ecmwf_full-2024012912-f132.500h_anom.na.gif

It's going to be fun to watch the qpf/sim radar plots over the coming days. 24-48 hours ago this system had 0 chance on the models at over performing on the front of the system. Now with a less impressive N to NE dry flow preceding the system its fair to start questioning the precipitation arrival time and ptype and how an initial thump changes the character of the system

It's going to be fun to watch the qpf/sim radar plots over the coming days. 24-48 hours ago this system had 0 chance on the models at over performing on the front of the system. Now with a less impressive N to NE dry flow preceding the system its fair to start questioning the precipitation arrival time and ptype and how an initial thump changes the character of the system
How this eventually evolves will definitely be interesting. That is one thing we see from time to time, models key in on a potential winter storm, but how we get there actually evolves over time.

The omega ridge sliding east is not what we want...that just drags the warm air where we don't want it. Only way this will work is if we get some of the n/s energy injected in and that is moving the wrong way. We trying to make lemonade and we got no lemons.

View attachment 144096View attachment 144097
I think it can still work without the injection, but yeah, it can’t just scoot on out unabated

View attachment 144096View attachment 144097

No you have lemons, just not sugar plus Jimmy peed in it.

How this eventually evolves will definitely be interesting. That is one thing we see from time to time, models key in on a potential winter storm, but how we get there actually evolves over time.
Imo the euro isn't that bad. Yes you can look at the products and say meh warm and s but the track of the mid level features isn't far from a classic state wide snow event. What bugs me about the euro is no matter what it does in the NE and into SE CAN it taps the shortwave into that trough and we stick in a dry N to NE flow in the mid levels, hard to precipitate with a deep N/NE flow like that. Historically I would have said euro is too dry to the north and NW but those are old model problems and I'm not sure in 2024 it still exists

Imo the euro isn't that bad. Yes you can look at the products and say meh warm and s but the track of the mid level features isn't far from a classic state wide snow event. What bugs me about the euro is no matter what it does in the NE and into SE CAN it taps the shortwave into that trough and we stick in a dry N to NE flow in the mid levels, hard to precipitate with a deep N/NE flow like that. Historically I would have said euro is too dry to the north and NW but those are old model problems and I'm not sure in 2024 it still exists

Nope not many surprises anymore. Wait until quantum computing kicks in lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did go back and look yesterday on how the Euro/GFS handled the snow event in the NE yesterday...the op runs were awful at this range but the EPS was solid even at day 7 for a general idea of what occurred. Op runs didn't get a clue until inside day 5...give or take.

Back