• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February 2024

We are probably going to see a significant spike in the Western NC on the GEFS with some big hits. I've seen us trend warmer like this before but over a couple day period. We have went from one extreme to the other in 24 hours. Makes more sense though with us talking about a storm 7-8 days out & not 3-5. What's wild is just the change up of the set up in general.

That's honestly what I was thinking from looking at the GFS and CMC. You're probably going to lose the ML temps due too the further east 50/50 but the bowling ball coming out of the west is stronger and deeper. Surface temps probably would work out but we lose the midlevels
With that stronger 500mb low however, you can get some dynamic cooling at the mid levels. This can really help if you’re 850s are just a degree or two off.

With that stronger 500mb low however, you can get some dynamic cooling at the mid levels. This can really help if you’re 850s are just a degree or two off.
Problem is you have to get the track going really well vs already having it locked in from our Northeast. We can win with a bomb ULL and combine it with some CAD but we just will be running on a fine line

Gefs really liking the Piedmont/foothills /mountains/upstate of SC, I’m starting to notice on modeling that’s a highly favored area on solutions
IF this storm turns into an all out ULL rage storm, then pockets of cold air aloft are going to do some weird things.

Back