• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February 2024

Like to see a phase to the west and to see and a slightly more inland track to get more of the board involved.
I think to get more of the board involved, you don’t want to see an early phase. The best way to get more of the board involved is to move the low along the Gulf coast as the cold push is coming and set up some overrunning. An early phase that puts your area in the best chances for heavy snow absolutely screws those of us east of the mountains who haven’t seen a flake in two years

Yep. Seems to be what happens here every storm. People start rooting for something so "more are involved" then it's phasing and heading NE through Memphis. We don't need a phase here at all to get more people involved
I love ya SD, but I doubt anyone's wishcasting will have any affect on our sensible weather. lol

BTW @Triplephase93 I wasn't calling you out specifically. It's just happened a few times the last few years where people start wishing for things then we get way too much of it
I understand Shane. I’m in southeast Tn and it’s not out of the realm of possibility though Prb not likely.

I love ya SD, but I doubt anyone's wishcasting will have any affect on our sensible weather. lol
Nope it doesn't but at the same time let's not over think this system. Roll the wave W to E between I10 and I20 and a good portion of this board scores. This is one of the better board wide setups that you can get on paper

Just in case next week doesn't work out...
ps2png-worker-commands-788bdf985c-9xwln-6fe5cac1a363ec1525f54343b6cc9fd8-N_dBnt.png

I think to get more of the board involved, you don’t want to see an early phase. The best way to get more of the board involved is to move the low along the Gulf coast as the cold push is coming and set up some overrunning. An early phase that puts your area in the best chances for heavy snow absolutely screws those of us east of the mountains who haven’t seen a flake in two years
You are exactly right. Gulf low with overrunning on the north side is the best case scenario. But man that confluence is stout. As modeled it's going to be hard for that wave to come north to do that. Now we know these models are not correct this far out and that confluence probably will relax some. But if it does will we even be cold enough then? If it's not cold enough it really won't matter if it's Miller A, Miller B, late bloomer, earlier phaser or even a perfect track.

Yeah no offense to those west of the apps but I’m not worried about getting y’all involved in this. You’ve already had your snow for the season. Us on this side of the mountains deserve something so hell no on a phase west of here lol
We have not had any snow in Birmingham.

starting to think this one is over...i know i know too early...but it looks horibly supressed

Suppression isn’t the issue, cold air especially for us in the western SE is. Honestly, look at it like this, we in the western SE are probably on the outside looking in unlike those in east GA, SC and NC. If you look at it like that, you won’t be as disappointed yet could be surprised.

Suppression isn’t the issue, cold air especially for us in the western SE is. Honestly, look at it like this, we in the western SE are probably on the outside looking in unlike those in east GA, SC and NC. If you look at it like that, you won’t be as disappointed yet could be surprised.
Usually, and I am using that word lightly, the closer we get the time frame the wedge becomes stronger and even filter into East AL. I haven't seen that in awhile but it is very possible.

Back