• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February 2024

18Z GFS not quite as suppressed, but less cold too.
Cold push still looks strong… very low dewpoints so any precip would crash the column. Again with that strong a STJ, suppression is the last of my worries. Getting that feed of cold/dry air most important

Cold push still looks strong… very low dewpoints so any precip would crash the column. Again with that strong a STJ, suppression is the last of my worries. Getting that feed of cold/dry air most important
At what point this week would you start getting concerned if you still saw suppression?

not to beat a dead horse but GFS has some single digit dews to the SC/NC border with an already cold surface and a bomb lit in the gulf
Exactly, personally at this range, I’m not even really paying attention to what the 2m temps look like. I’m focusing on the 500mb looks, 850 temps and surface dewpoints. The fact that single digit dewpoints are showing at the NC/SC border is the best indicator of just how strong the CAD potential is.

In all honesty about Friday… I know that seems close, but this just has all the earmarks of a set up that things trend NW considerably in the last 72 hours.
Yeah wouldn't take much for this to be much further NW that's for sure

Yeah, it's still cold enough. Verbatim, just barely from my perspective a couple of hundred miles to your SW.

1706482432871.png

Back