• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February 2024

I'm starting to get a little antsy and concerned about a delay
We certainly can’t afford it. I know for the last 10 days I’ve been watching it to move forward in models and hasn’t happened yet. Weeklies and extended continue to advertise it but we are already putting all our chips in a 2 week window.

Well the icon is a huge improvement over the 00z run. Appears to be setting up a 50/50 and hopefully far enough east to get precip in to our area from the undercutting jet.

One problem with this threat is we're having to thread two needles. We need the strong PV lobe, but then we need it positioned so that it doesn't squash/deflect the energy pouring out of the Southwest. So basically, about like every setup we always have, haha.Screen Shot 2024-01-26 at 10.48.58 AM.png

For good or ill, the pattern past six days is as uncertain as I ever recall seeing it. Let's see if the other 12Z modeling flips like a landed fish this morning too.
icon_z500_mslp_us_61.png

icon_z500_mslp_us_55.png

Seems like patterns often take longer to change than expected, sometimes for good and sometimes for bad. As it is, any delay puts us into the second half of February, where we’re really going to have to hope for a repeat of 2015 or 1960 or else we’re going to be doomed.

Well the icon is a huge improvement over the 00z run. Appears to be setting up a 50/50 and hopefully far enough east to get precip in to our area from the undercutting jet.

One problem with this threat is we're having to thread two needles. We need the strong PV lobe, but then we need it positioned so that it doesn't squash/deflect the energy pouring out of the Southwest. So basically, about like every setup we always have, haha.View attachment 143419
There's also one more fairly big needle to thread (my image is at 171 and yours is at 180, but I don't think that matters all that much in this case):

icon_T2m_namer_58.png

Back