• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February 2024

I mean, I hate to be too critical of people who honestly try to forecast the long range. But you can't flip and flop around every other day and be wrong 10 times in a season and get high marks for accuracy. BAM is just awful....every year. And I think JB tries, but he has been more wrong that right so far this year. Just admit you blew it and move on.

I mean, I hate to be too critical of people who honestly try to forecast the long range. But you can't flip and flop around every other day and be wrong 10 times in a season and get high marks for accuracy. BAM is just awful....every year. And I think JB tries, but he has been more wrong that right so far this year. Just admit you blew it and move on.
well look at his forecast snow percentages for the winter pretty good if u ask me

They don’t do anything more intuitive than the 10 or so posters on here do, probably less actually. I feel like the guys in here that really spend the time looking through everything do a way better job really putting together an ensemble of possible pattern outcomes.

Can you give me someone who has not flip flopped this winter and has been spot on? I would like to follow Him/Them and see what lies ahead for us... And I will not post anything else from JB, Oh btw his winter forecast doesn't end until March 31st then we can see how much ---- he pushed this winter!! TIA

Last edited:
Can you give me someone who has not flip flopped this winter and has been spot on? I would like to follow Him/Them and see what lies ahead for us... TIA And I will not post anything else from JB!
Webb's been generally correct so far including the warm up we are going to see next week and maybe even the brief chance we have near month's end. That said, the jury is still out for his Fwebb progg.

Can you give me someone who has not flip flopped this winter and has been spot on? I would like to follow Him/Them and see what lies ahead for us... TIA And I will not post anything else from JB!
No sir. I can't. All I'm saying is that winter forecasting is hard, particularly if you're predicting colder and snowier than normal in the east. I like reading his stuff. But he's wrong as much as he is right. Just like most other seasonal forecasters. I could go warmer than normal and less snowfall than normal and offer no rationale and be right 90% of the time. But I would be 100% full of sh@t too. ?

Webb's been generally correct so far including the warm up we are going to see next week and maybe even the brief chance we have near month's end. That said, the jury is still out for his Fwebb progg.
I don’t think Webb really took into account the IOD collapse which is screwing up the back half of winter. But for the first part, he was right

Has he? The mid-south has had several storms including one blockbuster event along with all-time record breaking cold. Everybody in the Southeast looks to finish January with below normal temps as well. Seems like he busted for January, (and I mean no offense to him), it's just how it's played out.

Can you give me someone who has not flip flopped this winter and has been spot on? I would like to follow Him/Them and see what lies ahead for us... And I will not post anything else from JB, Oh btw his winter forecast doesn't end until March 31st then we can see how much ---- he pushed this winter!! TIA
What happened to WxSouth??

Has he? The mid-south has had several storms including one blockbuster event along with all-time record breaking cold. Everybody in the Southeast looks to finish January with below normal temps as well. Seems like he busted for January, (and I mean no offense to him), it's just how it's played out.
Really no ill will to Webber, but his cold Feb is in big jeopardy! Just looking at upcoming teleconnections

Back