• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry February 19-21, 2020 Winter Storm

The mountains are also delaying the cold air to dip into upstate. That’s hurting us to. I understand with heavy enough rates that could bring cold air down. I like your optimism

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The NAM is also coming in later. What precip the upstate had didn't come in until 21z Thursday which around here is after dark so we would be starting to lose daytime heating. And like you said having heavier rates paired with losing daytime heating would help quite a bit.

I’m all in for NE Alabama . This will most likely be the last chance all winter for this area. If this keeps up I’m taking Thursday off
89c82d919630af93e31687c1f5b70945.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No precip in the upstate. Coastal transfer kills it I think
That dang coastal transfer has been responsible for a few screw jobs in my lifetime here (40 mi east of Atl). Greatest example was Carolina crusher in 2000. We started out great......fizzled and next scene the coastal bomb pops......y’all’s blessing was shear agony for me.

Grit posted this Sim-Radar over on the other board and I could not share it. The weenies deserve to see this View attachment 34875
Please tell me we’re catching onto something here......I’m 40 miles east of Atl sitting rt on I-20. Got screwed by 5 mi last weekend on accumulations. I know this hasn’t been recently modeled as “our storm” but was hoping the NAM may be starting to sniff out stronger CAD.....wouldn’t be first time.

Please tell me we’re catching onto something here......I’m 40 miles east of Atl sitting rt on I-20. Got screwed by 5 mi last weekend on accumulations. I know this hasn’t been recently modeled as “our storm” but was hoping the NAM may be starting to sniff out stronger CAD.....wouldn’t be first time.

I would not trust weathernerds pytpe maps at all. Last time I used them was the big December storm last year. weathernerds maps were much snowier for my area than other sites. The day of the event those maps had 13inches of snowfall for me.

I ended with .75 inches of slop then all rain. Weathernerds maps are too generous along the changover zones.

I'm not saying those areas will stay all rain this event. BUT i would not look at weathernerds at all lol stick to the proven Pivotal and Tidbits

Back