• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry February 19-21, 2020 Winter Storm

FWIW the Nam looks even better
12z
namconus_z500_vort_us_42.png

06z

namconus_z500_vort_us_44.png
Yeah, a much better trough orientation. Good chance for the system to get juiced up and make the turn.

just look at the snow on the far north extent of the precip. if that precip is 100 mils or so north nc will be in business. love this look at 4 days out.
namconus_ref_frzn_seus_52.png
Agreed. Overrunning events are historically very kind to folks south of RDU & GSO, most of the real big dogs in Charlotte were overrunning events or cut off upper lows. We have this storm right where we want it

This is actually a good run for the upstate because we not there will likely be more moisture. The NW trend is likely to happen and Fgen is absolutely on our side in this as well.

The mountains are also delaying the cold air to dip into upstate. That’s hurting us to. I understand with heavy enough rates that could bring cold air down. I like your optimism

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The mountains are also delaying the cold air to dip into upstate. That’s hurting us to. I understand with heavy enough rates that could bring cold air down. I like your optimism

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The cold air is there, it's cold enough for us at 850 and 925. the temperatures are likely going to be around 37-40 with DP in the mid 20's. That is plenty to get snow especially with more moisture.

Back