• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry February 19-21, 2020 Winter Storm

IFF we get this storm to work out, I expect a sharp cutoff to the north. Once this thing gets into the Atlantic and forms a low it may be able to throw some precip back into the Carolinas but if that thing pops too late someone could be left out with a setup like this.

1. Where does the front stall out the cold will be behind the front?
2. Where does the low develop and move along the front?

When we answer those questions we should have a better idea. Who what and where

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I were in Eastern Carolina I'd be feeling pretty optimistic. Seems like all guidance has nice pop there.

This ain't my first rodeo and I've seen this before. Never like to be bullseyed at this range but I'm just happy someone somewhere has a chance at some snow. Anyone who gets snow this winter has earned it after the dumpster fire we've had so far.

Yeah this thing has potential to blow up off the coast and crush the eastern Carolinas as well. She’s a fast mover though. Should at least be fun watching this thing evolve the next 2-3 days

Just need the good Dr to bring our storm back to us in a few minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice to see we have some potential to track this week. Also glad this snow would be during the work week lol

I was waiting for agreement and consistency and we have taken solid steps towards agreement that something is brewing. All models seem to have some snow totals at 12z. Gfs, canadian extrap the ukie and it looks to follow that trend.

Now we need consistency.

Wow, big increase on the latest GEFS and I am just south of Birmingham. Don’t know what I got some knee jerky after that op run. I’ve got the flu, so not my normal self. I’ll at least get to see lots of model runs over the weekend!

This at least gives us a nice signal. I’d imagine if there is more precip then we could have some good members. I want to say 12/8/17 was something similar to this look.
009D46CD-C653-4D2A-9A8A-63E10C651108.png

Back