• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern FEB 3-6 2024 System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another important piece is also trending better, the secondary/trailing northern vort, which is the one we want to inject into the system, the Initial trough trending back is opening the door for this second vort to dig further west B56DCB80-DCAD-448D-9190-D913AAFC0F77.jpeg09887DEE-ACA8-4EEE-A9AB-C0646A79CB17.gif

I might be crazy, but we need to keep an eye on this system. The trends are just enough to keep the candle lit.

Sent from my SM-A136U1 using Tapatalk
Not crazy at all. I know it’s been highlighted on here already, but this is one of those systems where just the smallest changes can have big implications on what we end up getting at the surface. Funny one of the local mets in Charlotte was on at 6 talking about our 2 year snow drought and said “if you’re looking for snow anytime soon, don’t hold your breath.” I found myself cursing at the tv, but who knows - maybe he was trying to play a little reverse psychology.

Another important piece is also trending better, the secondary/trailing northern vort, which is the one we want to inject into the system, the Initial trough trending back is opening the door for this second vort to dig further west View attachment 144416View attachment 144417
Great analysis. This is our opportunity IMO. Like you also pointed out, we are seeing (relatively) massive changes inside D4 and it’s probably due to the data sparse location this energy is coming from and this may continue. This could be good or bad for us but we gotta just hope and pray it’s good ala 2010.

Now is the time where we need to start actually seeing some positive signs start popping up at the surface. We are under 100 hours from where the big pieces need to be taking shape for this thing to work. Small changes are nice but it needs to start translating to the surface more as time is starting to become an issue before long.

Now is the time where we need to start actually seeing some positive signs start popping up at the surface. We are under 100 hours from where the big pieces need to be taking shape for this thing to work. Small changes are nice but it needs to start translating to the surface more as time is starting to become an issue before long.
We need help with the cold air advection. Some way, some how we need Something to shuffle up in Canad/NE a touch or two.

Icon is slowly inching the doughnut in the NWT E which is flattening the flow a bit across Can and the energy in SE Can/NE is leaking east (not great). It's south again with the SW closing off over NM/ W tx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back