• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern FEB 3-6 2024 System

Status
Not open for further replies.
EPS fairly bullish for AVL still...I do think someone sees snow from this day 6 deal

View attachment 144380
I’ll be about 30 miles north of there as the crow flies at about 3500 feet, so hoping I chose the right weekend when I scheduled back in December.

Still think we have a long ways to go with this one and interested to see which model wins the battle. Even though I’ll be in the mountains, I’ll still take it as a win if areas to the east see their first flakes in two years and I’m stuck high and dry.

Last edited:
RAH afternoon comments:
It still looks like the ridge may hold over much of central NC as the low
skirts to the south. The best chance for precipitation will be as
the low moves through the Southeast and along the Southeast US Coast
Sun night through Mon night. For now, will keep all precipitation
liquid. However, changes to the track/timing of the low or strength
of the ridge could impact the chances, amounts, and types of
precipitation with this system. As such, while not ruled out
completely, confidence remains too low to include wintry precip at
this time. Highest amounts/chances expected along the SC/NC border,
with the possibility that much of the area could stay dry if the
track of the low continues to trend southward.

Where the cold air with the 540 line in Maine and Canada.
We're all looking for the cold air. I don't think anyone has found it yet. But I promise you it won't be from the southern stream. We need to be looking at the evolution of the ridge and the energy around the northeast low. You need a handshake, merger, integration (whatever you want to call it) between the 50ish/50ish and the southern low in order to draw cold air into the system and the area.

We're all looking for the cold air. I don't think anyone has found it yet. But I promise you it won't be from the southern stream. We need to be looking at the evolution of the ridge and the energy around the northeast low. You need a handshake, merger, integration (whatever you want to call it) between the 50ish/50ish and the southern low in order to draw cold air into the system and the area.
Losing the deeper southern wave is actually good here the icon and cmc were the most wound up and north

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back