• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern FEB 3-6 2024 System

Status
Not open for further replies.
let me address this right now- jan 2000 resulted in millions (tens of millions? hundreds of millions?) being pumped into modeling research and development to make sure a catastrophic failure like that doesn't happen again. that storm was a mega surprise for all of i95. we're not going to see a surprise like that again.
I don't think so, but still have 7 days for this to change. Just saying we could see changes up until a couple of days out like what happened with the Christmas 2010 storm. Maybe not 12 hours out like what happened in 2000. But I just think we're going to see the precip come west and it'll be more about the cold supply than lack of precip.

I don't think so, but still have 7 days for this to change. Just saying we could see changes up until a couple of days out like what happened with the Christmas 2010 storm. Maybe not 12 hours out like what happened in 2000. But I just think we're going to see the precip come west and it'll be more about the cold supply than lack of precip.
ya. agreed. not singling out you, just know there's a ton of lurkers that equate jan 2000 to this forecasting nightmare and think it could still happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back