• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Feb 17-19 Smastsmasher Snow/Ice

I need the Southernwx boat!!

Soggy here but just north of this locale... As much as 5" of rain and more have fallen thru Colleton, Dorchester and Berkeley County tonight... On top of that, temps had continued to fall into the upper 30s/low 40s...
Yet again, add another wedge thunderstorm day to the 4 or 5 already this season...

We talked about the different areas around the Triangle that did and didn't get freezing rain yesterday. The same thing seems to be happening again this morning. Yesterday I had a fair amount of ice still on the trees at 4pm. As I drove south over the lake I noticed no ice. But then once I passed it (still going south) I ran into ice in the trees again. Look at WRALs radar this morning; see that green area in north Wake. That's Falls Lake. I live north of there right on the Granville boarder. You could also mention elevation (pink seems to be at higher elevations to some point):
aaaa1v.jpg

Weather station shows it dipped to 31.6 at some point last night but I see no signs of icing this morning, it is currently 32.6.... with more rain. Honestly this just sucks, I'm sick of it please make it stop
Yeah I dropped briefly to freezing this morning, allowing the deck to start to freeze up. But that lasted about an hour or so and then it melted. Still got some ice in the tops of the trees. --Currently wet and wavering around 32 degrees (...seems like for days).

Weather station shows it dipped to 31.6 at some point last night but I see no signs of icing this morning, it is currently 32.6.... with more rain. Honestly this just sucks, I'm sick of it please make it stop

Yeah it's feast or famine these days. Probably gonna bake it dry this summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope enjoy ! Mwahahah it’s what you wanted ! Even more of it to look forward too next week. My weenie destruction plan is working . We will change our name to torchwx and become torch lovers .

Last edited:
Nope enjoy ! Mwahahah it’s what you wanted ! Even more of it to look forward too next week. My weenie destruction plan is working . We will change our time to torchwx and become torch lovers .
Stupid comment, I've never said I wanted 32 and rain. Ice sure, snow yep, cold sure for a while but over 13" of rain since Jan. 1 and more just above freezing days than I can count, nope never wished for that once.

Running 10in above normal.

c74073de35237fe1dbf3617725e10983.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stupid comment, I've never said I wanted 32 and rain. Ice sure, snow yep, cold sure for a while but over 13" of rain since Jan. 1 and more just above freezing days than I can count, nope never wished for that once.
Just meant it’s the risk we run in a lot of our potential for colder weather days. A lot turn out like that. This year in particular of course which makes it all the more miserable.

Back