• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Fall - End of 2019 Whamby

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm remembering January 2014 being cold throughout. I don't think the December preceding was that cold but it flipped about around the New Year. The first real winter storm shot was not until late January though, which of course caused a crazy mess due to it being underestimated.

Then 14/15 annoyed people with how long it took to flip, but then February was pretty cold with multiple shots of winter weather. Disappointment came from it though for some.

However after that, that's been it for February.
I was actually able to get 2.9 inches of snow in February 2016 on the 8th of that month. I just checked the avg temp for February of that season and it was 0.25 degrees above normal which means temps were right at seasonal norms for that month up here. Now I’m not sure how the Deep South or North Carolina was on temps that February but up here it wasn’t bad until the next February in 2017. Hopefully a 4th straight year of above normal February‘s is not in store.

I was actually able to get 2.9 inches of snow in February 2016 on the 8th of that month. I just checked the avg temp for February of that season and it was 0.25 degrees above normal which means temps were right at seasonal norms for that month up here. Now I’m not sure how the Deep South or North Carolina was on temps that February but up here it wasn’t bad until the next February in 2017. Hopefully a 4th straight year of above normal February‘s is not in store.
Nashville proper got right a 2" from a February 2016 clipper. That was the last decent February we've had.

RDU is actually going to go a full calendar year without even a single flurry. Not even the dismal year of 2006 pulled that off.

There were some isolated sleet pellets reported on January 12, February 19, and November 12, but the RDU airport did not report snow on any of these dates (sleet is marked as a trace of snow though). RDU only got cold rain from the early April system that brought some snow to parts of western/central NC.

Another thing I'm getting pretty sick of is having to track potential severe weather events literally every week. This needs to stop sometime

We need one positive post here today ... so here's an attempt ...

AN is fabulous ... no heater to pay for, no extra layers of clothes to wash and hang to dry, no sitting inside waiting for the cold rain to stop, morning walks are superb with the sun up a minute earlier, valuable time can be spent with family ... what could be better?

:cool:

06z suite must have went gangbusters. Someone post maps

Here you go....
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We need one positive post here today ... so here's an attempt ...

AN is fabulous ... no heater to pay for, no extra layers of clothes to wash and hang to dry, no sitting inside waiting for the cold rain to stop, morning walks are superb with the sun up a minute earlier, valuable time can be spent with family ... what could be better?

:cool:
This post sucks. :p

Nashville proper got right a 2" from a February 2016 clipper. That was the last decent February we've had.
Yep that was not even a month after the big January snow that brought 8-12 inches to much of Middle Tennessee. The January storm was the snow storm of the decade for a good majority of us up here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back