• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Fall - End of 2019 Whamby

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m just waiting on our daily update to find which way BAMWX is going today . Warm or cold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CAD will save us all! That or it will rain. Imagine if we didn’t have CAD.

Almost in range where I can comfortably say that the dream of a pre Christmas winterstorm / white Christmas will live on. Something that I have wished since I was a kid. But who am I kiddin, we can't even get Winter weather in January or February.

0dfd9e4b6170936cad59f82618dd4e26.jpg

Well that looks like poop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been 17 years since central NC has had a crippling ice storm. This setup on Thursday/Friday had a chance to be that, but timing with the trailing wave was just a little off. Wonder how many more setups like this we will be able to dodge.

12z GFS from two days ago that was showing major ice storm v/s latest 12z GFS.

GEFtrends.gif

These maps are not banter and part of the normal discussion of this setup. You are not a moderator or an administrator. One more outburst like this and you can go create your own weatherboard because you will be banned from this one...again...
I’ll track the storm in banter then because I refuse to promote or discuss CMC/RGEM ice outputs. That’s how awful they are to me.

I’ll track the storm in banter then because I refuse to promote or discuss CMC/RGEM ice outputs. That’s how awful they are to me.
Just discuss them reasonably like everyone else has been doing. Nobody has claimed that those maps would verify. Just use them as one more tool to look for trends that the other models support.

Ask anyone in the foothills 0.25” is achievable yes but a mighty feat too. I follow all NWS forecast discussions during ice storms there is 0% cmc/rgem ice consideration when making the determination for an advisory or warning.

Robert has been pretty quiet about this? I wonder why? All I’ve seen him talk about is the analfrontal snow. He should be all over this!

well I just have a hard time using it as a tool when it’s so utter garbage showing 1-2” ice for Charlotte. I just despise it being shared when the NWS completely ignores it and strictly follows short term guidance+NAM+euro when determining ice accrual. And the NWS usually does quiet well in this case..I don’t often agree with them but In this case I do since I live in heart of cad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back