• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Fall - End of 2019 Whamby

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s what @pcbjr has been repeatedly telling us. He’s setting up himself for major kudos should we get this kind of January. Should this happen, we may need to take his seasonal predictions more seriously.
Hot seat, Larry ... somewhere in there I said that if wrong, the Magic 8 Ball and the Crystal Ball go to the garbage ... ;)

Wish I could join the current conversations, but work is a full time job (non-sequitur?) through the 20th, and by then we may have either woolly mammoths or brontosaurus roaming the SE corridor ... depends on the next model run I suppose - warm or cold ... LOL ... :eek:

I'm feeling more and more confident that KATL will not see one freezing temperature this month, which I would think would be a record.

Hoar frost on top of Sugar Mountain this morning, hated to leave
a3d10d70c956c14c6095edf199316f7d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'm feeling more and more confident that KATL will not see one freezing temperature this month, which I would think would be a record.

Wow, that's bold! You're correct because the warmest coldest of Dec on record was 31 in 1931. There were 6 Decembers with 30 as the coldest. Records go back to 1878.

I won’t see frozen stuff but I have 12/14 days with over a 40% chance of rain with 3-6in totals. I’ll take that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly as pathetic as it sounds the idea of having the late week storm to track was one of the only bright spots in my life lately, since I'm kinda going through a lot and now that is gone I'm very bummed out tbh.

Yeah ik it's early-mid December and there's that Tennessee storm but I'm still kinda demoralized and stuff.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

Honestly as pathetic as it sounds the idea of having the late week storm to track was one of the only bright spots in my life lately, since I'm kinda going through a lot and now that is gone I'm very bummed out tbh.

Yeah ik it's early-mid December and there's that Tennessee storm but I'm still kinda demoralized and stuff.

Give it 7-10 days. I’m sure the GFS will pop some crazy fake storm around Christmas or New Years because she always does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still remember how great early December looked at one point lol

and yes I know I have a chance of snow Tuesday but this pattern is really awful

As much as I'm disappointed that I'm likely not going to get another pre Christmas snowfall this year, it's ok. Its not suppose to happen much. And historically for my area when it does snow in December the following January we get blanked 90% of the time. And I'm sure most areas in the se are the same. I'd rather get snow in January and early Feb since it seems to last longer. I just hope this isn't a year where we chase a favorable pattern that never comes. Chasing false pattern changes have become a thing lately.

As much as I'm disappointed that I'm likely not going to get another pre Christmas snowfall this year, it's ok. Its not suppose to happen much. And historically for my area when it does snow in December the following January we get blanked 90% of the time. And I'm sure most areas in the se are the same. I'd rather get snow in January and early Feb since it seems to last longer. I just hope this isn't a year where we chase a favorable pattern that never comes. Chasing false pattern changes have become a thing lately.
Like last year, aka "the winter that never did"?

I'm in my mid-40s now but I grew up chasing storms and rumors of storms. It always seemed like on balance the best ones happened later in the winter for the Atlanta area, That's why the December 2017 one was such a pleasant surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back