• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Fall - End of 2019 Whamby

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish i had enough money to stay up north during the winter every year

Nobody could pay me enough money to ever move up to the N US at any time of year. Now Colorado could possibly be different although still doubtful as I like living in the SE in general. I have enjoyed summer trips to CO though AC makes the SE heat and humidity tolerable.

the SER can actually help get wintry weather. it's just a fine line. down where we are, it usually ends up in sleet/ice though.

higher heights in the se aren't always bad. it's just where they are.
I think it could make a difference between dry arctic cold and overrunning snow/ice if we ever get lucky enough for it to help.

I wish the board would be happier for Tennessee.. its not the time of the year for the deep south right now.
I’m definitely happy I’ve got something to track this Tuesday as far as winter weather goes. This could be the first accumulating snow in December since 2010! At a minimum it looks to be the 3rd dusting or more of snow this year (one in NOV 0.4 inches, And one in dec very minor ) which is rare territory even up here in northern Tennessee. Most years I don’t see my first dusting until mid to late December.

Snow cancel for sure now

Tuesday
Cloudy with rain likely with a chance of snow in the morning...then partly sunny in the afternoon. Little or no snow accumulation. Much cooler with highs in the lower 40s. North winds 10 to 15 mph decreasing to 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.

Should a complete transition to snowfall occur and persist for a
couple of hours at any given location, then some minor
accumulations would be possible on surfaces like grass,
vehicles, and rooftops. At most, a slick spot on a bridge or two
could be a possibility, but overall, impacts from any wintry
weather should be little to none.

Snow cancel for sure now

Tuesday
Cloudy with rain likely with a chance of snow in the morning...then partly sunny in the afternoon. Little or no snow accumulation. Much cooler with highs in the lower 40s. North winds 10 to 15 mph decreasing to 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.

Should a complete transition to snowfall occur and persist for a
couple of hours at any given location, then some minor
accumulations would be possible on surfaces like grass,
vehicles, and rooftops. At most, a slick spot on a bridge or two
could be a possibility, but overall, impacts from any wintry
weather should be little to none.
#winning soft

This is from a poster at american in the southeast forum:
"Just looking at the Euro/Berlin strat site,I see the QBO forecast to switch to easterly in 5-7 days at 30hpa at the equator.That's pretty significant.

Sooner the better because it's going to take a while to bust up that strong PV that's running pretty strong at the moment,least a month or so to feel any effects."

This is from a poster at american in the southeast forum:
"Just looking at the Euro/Berlin strat site,I see the QBO forecast to switch to easterly in 5-7 days at 30hpa at the equator.That's pretty significant.

Sooner the better because it's going to take a while to bust up that strong PV that's running pretty strong at the moment,least a month or so to feel any effects."

A month would be around the time a few of use expected to see this start turning in favor for us. I’m good with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back