• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Fall - End of 2019 Whamby

Status
Not open for further replies.
1bcc0d1b61b46227b1f1d3bf0e7cc11e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So another rainstorm?

Lukewarm take and I can't believe I'm saying either of these since I was a salt mine recently there with the top take and called Clemson 2014 FSU again...

Alabama probably gets at least one more title with Saban before he walks away from coaching, but I think this dynasty has peaked. They've taken some licks recently. They'll probably win it next year and make me look bad for saying this...

I just hope that sigh...Clemson isn't on the way to replacing them. I hate that the ACC is so trash. It allows them to mess around for a bit every season and work on timing their hot streak. I still wouldn't favor them to win it all but it's going to be interesting now since they were allowed to time their streak.

just for funsies, let's see how accurate this map is compared to actual... looks doomy for cold and snow lover though: 1575177617912.png

Lukewarm take and I can't believe I'm saying either of these since I was a salt mine recently there with the top take and called Clemson 2014 FSU again...

Alabama probably gets at least one more title with Saban before he walks away from coaching, but I think this dynasty has peaked. They've taken some licks recently. They'll probably win it next year and make me look bad for saying this...

I just hope that sigh...Clemson isn't on the way to replacing them. I hate that the ACC is so trash. It allows them to mess around for a bit every season and work on timing their hot streak. I still wouldn't favor them to win it all but it's going to be interesting now since they were allowed to time their streak.

Alabama shouldn't have missed that field goal, but the refs and their timeout allowing the kicking team to lineup and get the snap off with one second left was BS. Yeah, the refs are well within the rules and did it by the book, but it was still crap. In fact, the replay, from what I saw had no good angle to tell when the kid went down. I do know he had time to take himself down to save 3 seconds instead of continuing to push forward.

On Clemson..
- SEC fans continue to inform Clemson that if they played in our conference, that they would not be having an easy time.
- Clemson fans refuse to acknowledge the fact that we are talking from a physicality stand point.
- They always say "we beat SEC teams, 27-0, etc", when in reality if they played a physical schedule like the SEC week after week, they would not have all of their starters healthy by the time the playoffs came along.

(We are seeing this crap play out with Ohio State taking the #1 position. On paper, they have a great, full team. On actual wins, they don't have too much versus LSU. Tonight, LSU showed they have a defense and a well rounded team, so Monday's playoff rankings should be interesting)

Examples I have seen outright, not heresay:
- Trevor Lawrence had his shoulder injured versus Texas A&M. Dabo threw a hissy fit about it when the media found out without him saying anything for weeks. Dabo has played injured players in the past. Deshaun Watson with a torn ACL for example, and even keeping Trevor in the game today and running him to get hit by South Carolina's defense when it wasn't even a game.
- Today's game against South Carolina, they lost their starting Left Guard.

I have come to the conclusion that the majority of the modern day Clemson fans are band wagon type, who didn't even know what a third down was prior to them winning and wanting to fit in.

I saw this back when the Atlanta Falcons were going to the Superbowl. Nobody, I mean NOBODY ever mentioned that team around here. Usually it was the Panthers instead. As soon as the Falcons were going to face the Patriots at the Super Bowl, there were tons of flags flying through the streets here in Columbia, SC. As soon as the Falcons lost, it's like it never happened.

The band wagon effect.

Last edited:
Adding to my last post, because it really grinds my gears.. is Nick is going to be around for a while longer, barring health concerns. If the Ole' Ball Coach (Steve Spurrier) still can't sit at home, Nick is 10x the coach and workaholic Spurrier is/was.

When Nick does hang it up, it'll likely be for good and Dabo (from Clemson) will end up the Head coach of Alabama. Mark those words. Then we will get to see a program slip under the guy, finally, in a tough conference. The only way that program prospers is if he takes Brent Venebles with him. I doubt Brent will even be at Clemson, much less following Dabo to keep being a defensive coach after his son graduates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back