• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Fall - End of 2019 Whamby

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been there, I'm going back in late Feb, I would live IVO if wife would let me. Access last March to Paradise at times appeared to be cut out of a Glacier, surreal images of 20'+ PVC stakes with reflective tape to mark where the road is, at times packed up to the top of those poles with road clear. For a place that avgs over 600" a year, this is the money shot in CONUS IMO.

This Afternoon
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Steady temperature around 14. Wind chill values between -5 and -10. Very windy, with a west wind around 65 mph, with gusts as high as 85 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 33 to 39 inches possible.
Tonight
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 4. Wind chill values between -16 and -26. Windy, with a west wind 55 to 60 mph, with gusts as high as 80 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 37 to 43 inches possible.
New Year's Day
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 15. Wind chill values between -16 and -25. Windy, with a west wind 50 to 55 mph decreasing to 44 to 49 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 75 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 22 to 28 inches possible.

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapCli...163574219&lat=46.845164430292755#.Xgv5sEdKg-g

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradise,_Washington
Ok that's it I'm packing my bags and moving there

I've been there, I'm going back in late Feb, I would live IVO if wife would let me. Access last March to Paradise at times appeared to be cut out of a Glacier, surreal images of 20'+ PVC stakes with reflective tape to mark where the road is, at times packed up to the top of those poles with road clear. For a place that avgs over 600" a year, this is the money shot in CONUS IMO.

This Afternoon
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Steady temperature around 14. Wind chill values between -5 and -10. Very windy, with a west wind around 65 mph, with gusts as high as 85 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 33 to 39 inches possible.
Tonight
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 4. Wind chill values between -16 and -26. Windy, with a west wind 55 to 60 mph, with gusts as high as 80 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 37 to 43 inches possible.
New Year's Day
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 15. Wind chill values between -16 and -25. Windy, with a west wind 50 to 55 mph decreasing to 44 to 49 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 75 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 22 to 28 inches possible.

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapCli...163574219&lat=46.845164430292755#.Xgv5sEdKg-g

Just once I'd like to experience that

This Afternoon
Tonight
New Year's Day

All that snow and they are only under a Winter Weather Advisory. Wonder what the criteria is for a Winter Storm Warning or Blizzard Warning there?

Just once I'd like to experience that

Anything north of 2.5’ in a single event is pretty epic, once you hit 30”+ travel in the most affluent areas east is shut down, maybe the Tug can deal with it but no where else. The Cascades on the other hand, heavy Cat artillery, I’ve seen the machines, 3-4’ will be cleared same day, 6-10’ is a 2-3 day job.

All that snow and they are only under a Winter Weather Advisory. Wonder what the criteria is for a Winter Storm Warning or Blizzard Warning there?

Elevation, Paradise is around 5400’, the grid I posted is above 6K and on the SE flank of Rainier. Full disclosure, elevation matters a lot, but the camp still avgs >600” yr

cirriform-lenticular nacreous PSC's are singing tonight. Enjoy...

2F2116B5-E545-4C25-95A7-B56CE0D92892.jpeg

JAN hold outs rejoice, it’s going to be a crappy month.

Last edited:
Looking for help to do no run on sentences in 2020 hello do winter spring summer and fall plus more fab feb coming soon heard it HRRR first no paid subscription needed thank u
Dude.... What the heck is wrong with you? Please act like an adult if you are going to continue to post here! I don't appreciate you mocking the moderator who called you out for your posts either.

Dude.... What the heck is wrong with you? Please act like an adult if you are going to continue to post here! I don't appreciate you mocking the moderator who called you out for your posts either.
I’m of the opinion that he genuinely can’t help him/herself. It’s 2020. No discrimination. All nuts, goobers and heat mongerers are welcome! Just keep it out of the main thread bc we have anafrontal snow to track!!?

O0Z GFS trying to reintroduce closed H5. Euro trying to set up a heavy snow band in NW quadrant from Illinois to Ohio, most bullish with Tennessee snowfall.....

sn10_acc.us_ov.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back