• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Fall - End of 2019 Whamby

Status
Not open for further replies.
BAMWX one day it’s gonna get cold , 24 hours later there is a problem , back to cold . Is BAMWX really Judah ???? Asking for a friend

Keep in mind that BAMWX has both energy as well as weenie clients just as JB does. Whether or not that biases them toward or gets them more excited about predicting cold more often than they should can’t be proven, but is something I’m wary about at this time of year. I’ve seen some of Michael Clark’s videos/posts and he clearly gets more excited about predicting cold than predicting mild. Same with JB and Judah as well as Cosgrove. And that goes for most of the active posters here including myself. They all are affected by the same bug of getting more excited about cold potential. The key however toward maintaining forecasting credibility is not letting this excitement actually bias one toward too cold forecasts. Maxar is an example of a company with zero bias toward forecasting cold (or mild for that matter). If you read Maxar and then read JB/Judah/BAMWX/Cosgrove side by side, you’d see the stark differences. That’s why I post Maxar thoughts from time to time. I have a lot of respect for their objectivity. If they or some other objective company/person predicts cold, then you can feel confident it really is coming. I think a lot of NWS mets can also be included in the objectivity bucket.

*Edit: A great clue as to whether or not a company is objective is whether or not the cold bias of cold biased models is mentioned. When was the last time that JB mentioned cold bias of anything? It is rare. In contrast, Maxar does it frequently.

Maxar has consistently been warning about another winter kept from being cold in the SE US by the SER based on the -GLAAM/SER correlation. I have no choice but to consider this as a very realistic possibility. Without them, I’d know nothing about this.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does this forum have a app I can download instead of going to Google?

That’s what @pcbjr has been repeatedly telling us. He’s setting up himself for major kudos should we get this kind of January. Should this happen, we may need to take his seasonal predictions more seriously.
January sounds good to me. Couple weeks away

now.. we just need to wish the reliable models to negative tilt. then it will ice up the southeast. bad weather model runs will force mother nature!

To me since 2014 the SER has be main feature with our weather from Oct-March. This is becoming more and more concerning to me, I am writing research on this.

the SER can actually help get wintry weather. it's just a fine line. down where we are, it usually ends up in sleet/ice though.

higher heights in the se aren't always bad. it's just where they are.

To me since 2014 the SER has be main feature with our weather from Oct-March. This is becoming more and more concerning to me, I am writing research on this.

2015 was solid pattern and then 2016 we had canonical super nino pattern. But 2017-2019 was ugly with a capital U. The Aleutian ridge is just a killer and if we get that again in Jan/Feb this winter that would be really disappointing.

B02E1372-DA17-465E-980F-1D82F3024231.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back