• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Fall - End of 2019 Whamby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, looks like App State's football coach is bolting after one year for Missouri. I wish Satterfield had stayed. Unfortunately, App is going to have problems keeping good coaches unless they get into a better conference. App needs to replace UConn in the American Athletic Conference. It's still not a Power 5, but it's better than the Sun Belt. And they would have a natural rivalry with ECU, even though ECU sucks now.

I wonder how GSP will adapt to this if they highly rely on the euro their forecast may be interesting, or they'll just discount it for some other model
View attachment 27594
They discount whichever model is showing frozen precip! Gonna be hard for them not to mention it a little more in this afternoon’s AFD, with most models showing something frozen outside the mountains. They will just go with things like climatology, no model consensus, usual excuses

33c377329988f828dacf0bf53ddb719d.jpg

Buckle up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are a couple of threats for winter weather this week. Nothing in my backyard, but not too far away. Have to start somewhere.

Wasn't one of the main objectives we were trying to achieve with the SSW was trying to get the Polar Vortex on our side of the globe? That's certainly been the case but we have just been lacking in the Cold Air Transport department because of the PAC mainly. With blocking coming back on the models you figure things would start to look better long range. But it seems like anything beyond Day 5 is a total guess this year. This is usually where we complain that all the cold air is on the other side of the globe, but at least December hasn't really been that way, just takes a lot to get the push all the way down to the SE.
gfs_z500a_nhem_47.png
gfs_T2ma_nhem_33.png

Wasn't one of the main objectives we were trying to achieve with the SSW was trying to get the Polar Vortex on our side of the globe? That's certainly been the case but we have just been lacking in the Cold Air Transport department because of the PAC mainly. With blocking coming back on the models you figure things would start to look better long range. But it seems like anything beyond Day 5 is a total guess this year. This is usually where we complain that all the cold air is on the other side of the globe, but at least December hasn't really been that way, just takes a lot to get the push all the way down to the SE.
View attachment 27600
View attachment 27601

It feels like the storms are right around the corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back