• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Fall - End of 2019 Whamby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better hit the stores today and get your cans of tuna and low calorie bread.

What a day, the first day of what is basically known as hell week around here.........would be nice to have a major storm on the horizon to help alleviate the torture of work.

Same boat here. The threat of winter precip here closes work. Love working for the government.

Well I was hoping for the late week storm to threaten to drop some ZR here, but it's not looking likely right now.

Everyone in my pre-cal class was freaking out about "its gonna snow! its gonna snow" because one kid said "The Weather Channel said 90% chance of snow the other day"
Times like that it takes a lot for me to stay quiet

I got offered a high end Davis weather station today by our GIS department who no longer uses it. Of course I live in an apt and have no place to put it.

Ask anyone in the foothills 0.25” is achievable yes but a mighty feat too. I follow all NWS forecast discussions during ice storms there is 0% cmc/rgem ice consideration when making the determination for an advisory or warning.
One minute you almost make sense, the next it's like a 5 yr old temper tantrum

I got offered a high end Davis weather station today by our GIS department who no longer uses it. Of course I live in an apt and have no place to put it.
My science teacher bought a high end Davis with a school grant. We're putting it up this week and should have it on wunderground

My science teacher bought a high end Davis with a school grant. We're putting it up this week and should have it on wunderground

They never even set up a wunderground account for it :eek:. Just used for collecting data they throw into maps.

You mean what they are charging me or how much the unit costs?

They aren't charging me anything and I don't have the exact model at hand, but I'm positive it's one of the $1,000+ ones.
Yeah I know how much they are, I was just kidding you about how much you'd charge me to take it off your hands? Lol

Yeah I know how much they are, I was just kidding you about how much you'd charge me to take it off your hands? Lol

Lol I got ya. They only offered it to me since I do alot of work for them and they know I'm a weather nut.

I can't see the unit since it's on the roof right now, but the receiver looks like the one here

Lol I got ya. They only offered it to me since I do alot of work for them and they know I'm a weather nut.

I can't see the unit since it's on the roof right now, but the receiver looks like the one here
Dang, you need to take it anyway.... find somewhere to put that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back